Muff Posted May 28, 2007 Report Share Posted May 28, 2007 Did the laundry yesterday....and yep you guessed it...did not know my cell phone was in the pocket of my shorts...I just grabed the pile and tossed it in...did the same when I went to dry it.....as I was folding my shorts up I found it :eek: ...I pulled the battery off and let it sit for the day and night....charged it for awhile and it seems to be working right now:confused: ..hope it keeps on going...if it does I am very lucky:D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted May 28, 2007 Report Share Posted May 28, 2007 Who makes it? Might want to call them, and tell them what a good product they have if it keeps working! LOL! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted May 28, 2007 Report Share Posted May 28, 2007 That is pretty amazing that it still works. Ours has been dropped plenty of times and still works, dont think I would want to chance running it thought the wash though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OJR Posted May 28, 2007 Report Share Posted May 28, 2007 You probably have the cleanest phone there is! LOL! Glad it is working! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest IL_HuNtIn_KiD Posted May 29, 2007 Report Share Posted May 29, 2007 i did that to mine saturday night......only it doesnt even power up..it just vibrates like crazy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muff Posted May 29, 2007 Author Report Share Posted May 29, 2007 Well so far so good....its working!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted May 29, 2007 Report Share Posted May 29, 2007 LOL! Well at least it's nice and clean eh Joe! Glad to hera it wasn't damaged, really surprised it wasn't! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
toddyboman Posted May 29, 2007 Report Share Posted May 29, 2007 LOL Glad it still works! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeramie Posted May 29, 2007 Report Share Posted May 29, 2007 Mine went for a swim in a toilet once! It took a day or so to dry out and it worked fine again.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gator Posted May 29, 2007 Report Share Posted May 29, 2007 Mine went for a swim in a toilet once! It took a day or so to dry out and it worked fine again.... You ACTUALLY fished it out???? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Michiganbowhunter_SQ2 Posted May 29, 2007 Report Share Posted May 29, 2007 Mine went for a swim in a toilet once! LOL, my dad did that a few months ago, he has some bad luck with phones, a few months before that he lost it at work (works for GM) and called and had a replacement one sent to him, the day that one was delivered someone found his other one and he got it back, and a few months before that, while at work (he drives a fork truck) it popped off of the clip and him and 2 other people on fork trucks ran over it. it was pretty flat Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeramie Posted May 29, 2007 Report Share Posted May 29, 2007 You ACTUALLY fished it out???? My private stool in an office and the cleaning crew came every night..... Had it been a public stool it would have been flushed..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted May 30, 2007 Report Share Posted May 30, 2007 can't believe it's still working... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SUGARKAHNE Posted May 31, 2007 Report Share Posted May 31, 2007 Oops, I know how that feels!! My family has a bad track record with phones-my sister has thrown hers in the Mcdonalds trash can several times, and just last week, a couple days after my brother got a brand new razr, he backed his car over it. It still works, but now it's all cracked. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
brownie65 Posted May 31, 2007 Report Share Posted May 31, 2007 My mom had to use the bathroom at a Walmart one day. Well her phone fell in the toilet & she flushed it,before realizing it was in there. Yes, a cell phone can be flushed down a stool. My brother dropped his in a brush pile he was burning. They sure melt good. I have been going down the road & happen to see mine on the hood. Not a good idea to sit them anywhere on the outside of a vehicle.(you will forget it was put there) My last phone I did just that & don't know where it ended up. Along a road somewhere. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muff Posted May 31, 2007 Author Report Share Posted May 31, 2007 I sent Samsung a note yesterday.....telling them what had happened and how good of a phone they make....I still can not belive that it is working Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
brownie65 Posted June 6, 2007 Report Share Posted June 6, 2007 Well I should have never read this post. Yesterday I washed my Razr. Was hoping it would work this morning. It comes on but said invalid battery. I put the battery out of my sons in it & it said battery won't charge. Going to give it another day or two, hopefully it will dry out & work. Not counting on it though. Phone was only 6 months old. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeramie Posted June 6, 2007 Report Share Posted June 6, 2007 Well I should have never read this post. Yesterday I washed my Razr. Was hoping it would work this morning. It comes on but said invalid battery. I put the battery out of my sons in it & it said battery won't charge. Going to give it another day or two, hopefully it will dry out & work. Not counting on it though. Phone was only 6 months old. Ouch! Good luck with that one. I bought a KRZR and the sales woman told me that Motorola's are bad to not ever work again after they get wet.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
coles Posted June 6, 2007 Report Share Posted June 6, 2007 my uncle washed his. it still works but it cracked the screen. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
brownie65 Posted June 12, 2007 Report Share Posted June 12, 2007 It worked good for a couple days after it dried out. Now it might work ,might not. Powers up but as soon as you open it, it starts calling a number. Probably going to have to get a new phone. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.