unioncountyslayer Posted June 15, 2007 Report Share Posted June 15, 2007 My wife and I will be traveling to Toronto the first weekend in Sept. (I'm still trying to get out of it, nothing against Canada but that's opening weekend of Archery Season!). Anyway, neither of us have ever been to Toronto and just wanted to get some advice on what we should make a point to see while we are there. It will be a fast trip (3-4 days). My wife's company's World Conference is being held there this year. So we don't have a lot of time, but wouldn't want to miss something that is a must see. Thanks for any suggestions, eh. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NS whitetail Posted June 15, 2007 Report Share Posted June 15, 2007 I have been to Toronto only once, however, I thought that the CN Tower was pretty cool -- here's a link http://www.cntower.ca/portal/SmartDefault.aspx?ac=417 The Skydome -now officially known as the Rogers Centre - ( Toronto BlueJays home stadium ) is pretty impressive as well Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muff Posted June 15, 2007 Report Share Posted June 15, 2007 I will get back to you with some more but here are some.....if you like rides and stuff wonderland is alot of fun...if you like hockey...the hockey hall of fame is there.....Toronto zoo is REALLY great.....and yes I would want to see the CN tower its a must...like I said I will get back to you with some more...its dinner time! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted June 15, 2007 Report Share Posted June 15, 2007 Definetly go up the CN Tower (The tallest free standing structure in the world), it is AWESOME! I Haven't been up it in probably 12 years, but I know the next trip down to Toronto I'll go up again. It's a bit pricey but well worth it. Ontario Place and Canada's Wonderland are there, they're amusement parks, I reccommend Wonderland over Ontario Place. And last but not least, Bass Pro Shops, the only one in Canada! It's about 20 miles north of downtown on Hwy 400. Also, be prepared for some crazy drivers! Toronto is about the same size as Chicago, so beware. All in all it's a nice city. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted June 16, 2007 Report Share Posted June 16, 2007 i can't see the cn tower from the picture. is it behing that big pointy thing...lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muff Posted June 16, 2007 Report Share Posted June 16, 2007 by the way are you driving or flying into Toronto? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
unioncountyslayer Posted June 16, 2007 Author Report Share Posted June 16, 2007 by the way are you driving or flying into Toronto? Flying! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
unioncountyslayer Posted June 19, 2007 Author Report Share Posted June 19, 2007 MUFF???? Come up with anything else? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
drkillemquick Posted June 19, 2007 Report Share Posted June 19, 2007 Have you ever been to Niagra falls? It's about an hour away if you rent a car while you are down and Niagra on the lake is breathe taking, it also has a great Wine region. Vaughn mills mall has the new Bass pro Shop in it and it is Canada'a second largest shopping mall( it's big). On Young street there are a number of great live theatres ( not sure if Phantom of the Opera will still be on in sept or not )! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muff Posted June 20, 2007 Report Share Posted June 20, 2007 Come up with anything else? not just yet... I will look up some more stuff today Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muff Posted June 21, 2007 Report Share Posted June 21, 2007 heres a good place to check out Toronto www.toronto.ca ok so I have heard some good things about this place...looks really cool I think I will have to get the family there sometime www.medievaltimes.com/tohomepage.htm so you eat this BIG dinner and watch the show...looks way cool Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
drkillemquick Posted June 21, 2007 Report Share Posted June 21, 2007 heres a good place to check out Toronto www.toronto.ca ok so I have heard some good things about this place...looks really cool I think I will have to get the family there sometime www.medievaltimes.com/tohomepage.htm so you eat this BIG dinner and watch the show...looks way cool Went to Medieval times with my nephews class trip show is pretty cool but the meal sucks!!!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.