need2hunt Posted June 19, 2007 Report Share Posted June 19, 2007 For fathers day I got some of the Drury Videos from my daughters. Dream Season 10, Whitetail Madness 10 and 100% Fair Chase 7. First off all 3 videos are great but I want to talk about something specific that happens on Dream Season 10. In the video Jared Lurk is hunting in a treestand and calls a 178" MONSTER straight in to his set. The buck literally hangs out right underneath their stand and then finally catches their wind and is gone. Jareds comment "I've never had a deer that big right underneath me and I'm not going to shoot him in the spine" While I think that a hunters shot selection is a personal thing, I've always had a problem when someone would take an incredibly iffy shot and then say afterwords "that's not a shot I wanted to take but that's the biggst deer I've ever seen and I had to take the shot" So for me to see Jared hold to his personal limitations ON VIDEO it was extremely refreshing, nice to see that it was about an ethical kill and not about the size of the antlers. Props to Jared (and by the way Jared does get a just reward for his decision) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MUDRUNNER Posted June 19, 2007 Report Share Posted June 19, 2007 Jared is a top notch hunter and I love all the Drury vids.I believe he's from Edwardsville,which is only about 15 minutes from me and where I went to high school.Not many people would pass that shot,but with a bow I personnaly would.If it's not a shot I practice,then I don't take it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Covehnter Posted June 19, 2007 Report Share Posted June 19, 2007 Thats why i practice that shot as much as any other. . . . . but definately props to him for not taking a ahot he was uncomfortable with. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sam16 Posted June 19, 2007 Report Share Posted June 19, 2007 Those drury team members are some of the classiest guys i've seen hunt. Granted, on the land they hunt, if they pass up one monster, another monster will present itself in a day or two. It amazes me how much discipline those guys have, but they reap the benefits. Those videos have become my favorite series. There is one hunt where a Dream Season amateur is invited to the Drury farm and takes a bad shot angle on a nice buck on video. Mark Drury got extremely fired up and let this amateur know about it. The poor hunter felt so bad for upsetting Mark and possibly injuring the deer, he was brought to tears when they did recover the deer the next morning. These guys arent joking about their ethics. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AdvantageTimberLou Posted June 20, 2007 Report Share Posted June 20, 2007 That is why I love the Drury videos, they keep it real and the people on them are top notch. Love the Dream Seasons DVD's, awesome hunts and like all the footage before and after the hunts. Mark and Terry should give seminars on how to produce videos, they have a talent for making you a part of the action! Glad Jared got his just reward as well! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hoytguy08 Posted June 20, 2007 Report Share Posted June 20, 2007 Those drury team members are some of the classiest guys i've seen hunt. Granted, on the land they hunt, if they pass up one monster, another monster will present itself in a day or two. It amazes me how much discipline those guys have, but they reap the benefits. Those videos have become my favorite series. There is one hunt where a Dream Season amateur is invited to the Drury farm and takes a bad shot angle on a nice buck on video. Mark Drury got extremely fired up and let this amateur know about it. The poor hunter felt so bad for upsetting Mark and possibly injuring the deer, he was brought to tears when they did recover the deer the next morning. These guys arent joking about their ethics. I remember that, IMHO The Drury videos are the best out there! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.