Griz Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 I'm sitting here watching the outdoor channel sipping on a cup of hot coffee and going through the forums when all of a sudden I felt somethings on my neck... It was a blasted spider...Well needless to say I frecked out... Coffee went flyin' and I went to dancing around screaming like a little girl and cloths a flyin'... It didn't take my long to strip down to my boxers looking for that little critter... I didn't find the little burger either after all that... I guess I'm going to have to pull out the shotgun and go on a hunt...I would use a buck knife but that would put me to close to him... I figure he's about a 5 pounder... Spider season just now opened... Dang I hate them things... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 LOL! Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa! They eat other bugs that I don't like! Now if they are a poisonous kind they get the 270! :D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 I'm not a big fan of spiders either Dale, especially when they startle me. Good luck on your hunt. Post pics. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 Good luck on the hunt Dale. Spiders dont usually bother me, but been finding some brown recluse spiders in the garage and shed here lately and they are bad news. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griz Posted June 24, 2007 Author Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 Good luck on the hunt Dale. Spiders dont usually bother me, but been finding some brown recluse spiders in the garage and shed here lately and they are bad news. Yeah those things are pretty common here to... I'm always finding them in our garage and in the house and spray for the little burgers all the time... Thank goodness I have never been bit by one... With my reaction when one is on me I don't give'em a chance to bite...LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 LOL! Spiders don't bother me at all, I'll be over to get him for ya Dale. :D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jcwa Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bachflock Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 LOL! Be sure to contact the taxidermist before you field dress it... I don't mind them until I look down and find them crawling in me. Then I'm in the same boat as you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NS whitetail Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 I don't like spiders and snakes :eek: shoot him twice --- once for me :D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 Buck Knife works good, but make sure you grab him by the front legs, and hold him close so he doesn't get free-reign eh Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griz Posted June 24, 2007 Author Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 Buck Knife works good, but make sure you grab him by the front legs, and hold him close so he doesn't get free-reign eh LOL... Man Buckee that pic gives me goose bumps... One time me and my son-in law was walking through the woods heading to our stands when Mike tells me to stand still. So I stop and I asked him what was he doing. I had one of those big hairy ones on my shoulder. Man I was sure glad he got it. I can just that thing getting on my neck. Let's just say our hunt would have been over before it ever got started... Yuck... I was sitting here thinking. I figure in my other life I was a spider and got SMACKED by a fly swatter or a rolled up News paper... Maybe that's why I get nerves when the wife grabs a fly swatter... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
okbowman Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 They don't bother me unless they get on me, then I freak out too!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Randy Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 LMBOROF!! They don't eat much! :D Spiders don't bother me but, you put a tiny little snake within 100 yards of me, I'm outa there!! LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest bowhuntr_15 Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 hahahahaha, that made me crack up!!! Yeah I dont get along with spiders very good either!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 I don't know why that's not showing up as a picture. Kind of spoiled the whole effect...LOL I can't say I like spiders either, but they don't friek me out or nothin like that. I just get em off me, when they're crawling across my face, etc. My wife sure frieks out good though. It's the only time I can be her hero Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NS whitetail Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 here ya go griz :p Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 [ATTACH]319[/ATTACH] Dang things eh...I hate it when you walk through a field, to the bush, get all set up in your stand and find 2 or 3 of them big Garden spiders hanging off of you, in your pockets, etc Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 We've got these critters called Wolf Spiders here, and they can get pretty dang big. They pry on other spiders for their main course. I've seen them as big as a shrew. Click Here > [ATTACH]320[/ATTACH] Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 Yeah Steve we have quite a few of those wolf spiders around here too. Quite a few daddy long-legs in the summer time as well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rhino Posted June 24, 2007 Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 About the only time they bother me is when I'm walking through the woods and the web wraps around my face with the spider in the middle. Then I freak out but not enough to shuck my cloths off griz. That's going off the deep end buddy. Good luck on the hunt. At least you don't have to worry about the wind unless ones hanging from a thread near your head. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griz Posted June 24, 2007 Author Report Share Posted June 24, 2007 here ya go griz :p Good Gracious!!! That dang thing is a wall hanger... I bet I can field dress that thing... With my foot... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted June 25, 2007 Report Share Posted June 25, 2007 I don't know why that's not showing up as a picture. Kind of spoiled the whole effect...LOL I can't say I like spiders either, but they don't friek me out or nothin like that. I just get em off me, when they're crawling across my face, etc. My wife sure frieks out good though. It's the only time I can be her hero You mean this!!! Looks like you got too many numbers behind the extention there Steve! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted June 25, 2007 Report Share Posted June 25, 2007 Then you have these guys that our troops have to contend with!!! Camel spiders!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jodyslilbro Posted June 25, 2007 Report Share Posted June 25, 2007 Now those are huge! Have you guys ever been bitten by a spider. I think I had and I had a huge welt one my arm and it must have been 4 in long Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griz Posted June 25, 2007 Author Report Share Posted June 25, 2007 Then you have these guys that our troops have to contend with!!! Camel spiders!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: YIKES!!!:eek: Going into a cold sweat... I think I would need more then a shotgun... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.