TOMSD5 Posted July 14, 2007 Report Share Posted July 14, 2007 i was wondering if anyone's been seeing any deer. up until last week here at paris tn. there was little movement, but know i'm seeing ton's of them, and one good thing most of them are buck's. soome big ole boys but mostly 1 1/2 year olds, and some that are big bodied but only little buttons on top of their head. i watched 3 fawns, two does, two hen turkeys and several young poults playing in a field along the highway the other day...it was a blast until i got busted...lol. post what you've seen in your area... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mossyhorn Posted July 14, 2007 Report Share Posted July 14, 2007 It has been a very dry around here. Deer have come out of the woods in search of water. I have seen more this year then any year. I have also seen a lot laying on the side of the road too. I wish it would rain soon so many would stop getting hit. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted July 14, 2007 Report Share Posted July 14, 2007 Every day. Can't remember seeing so many deer. Probably means I won't kill squat this year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griz Posted July 14, 2007 Report Share Posted July 14, 2007 Yeah I see deer and other wild game here everyday, all day here... It always makes my day... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
archerjg Posted July 15, 2007 Report Share Posted July 15, 2007 Yep seeing lots and lots of deer. Anywhere from 2 up to 20 + at a time. They are pretty active even though it is so dry around here. Archerjg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest jward Posted July 15, 2007 Report Share Posted July 15, 2007 Here in Pa we have an antler restriction so the bucks are getting older, therefor getting bigger. The downfall however is the Game Commission here has had a high anterless license allocation for the last 5 years and really reduced the herd. But I am seeing deer in the fields and on the trail cam. No big bucks yet, but there out there. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted July 15, 2007 Report Share Posted July 15, 2007 Not seeing them like we used to Tom. They have overhunted this area pretty hard the past few years. Did see a fawn come through the backyard on Thursday, and see one particular doe just about every time I go in my back field, but that is about it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ravin R10 man Posted July 15, 2007 Report Share Posted July 15, 2007 It would be unusual not to see deer, walked by a doe about 20 yards away this eve, right in front of the house eating apples that fell off in the winds on Tues, she just looked up and went back to eating..no big deal Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted July 15, 2007 Report Share Posted July 15, 2007 I saw a bachelor group of bucks this morning, while taking my wife, Diana to work. There were 3 small bucks, and 3 definite shooters. One of them, made me want to tell my wife she'd have to walk to work, so I could run home and get the camera..LOL It was a non-typical (first one I have ever seen here) Blacktail buck, with a nice high rack, and stickers all over. I didn't get to stop and count, but he looked like a 6X5 or greater. When I got home I went for a walk, to see if I could hunt him down and take a picture, but I only found one of his buddies, and took a few pictures of him, and a doe. Man, this thing is awesome looking, for around here. BUT..alas...These bucks are all, city slickers, and live in peoples back yards and empty city lots. I am however going to hunt him down one of these days soon, with my camera, and get him real good :D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted July 15, 2007 Report Share Posted July 15, 2007 I live in the country and see deer most everyday. Its like looking at a menu! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TxBowHunter Posted July 15, 2007 Report Share Posted July 15, 2007 Well, I just set the trail cam out so... I will see in about 3 weeks whats around my parts. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
elkoholic Posted July 15, 2007 Report Share Posted July 15, 2007 It would be an odd day when we do not see deer here. Right now it is 97 degrees and we had a buck walk through the back yard and there is a doe drinking out of the water trough I put out just off the yard. Which brings up a point, if you do not have a ready water source nearby, it is not a bad idea to have a water trough. Just make sure to keep the water fairly fresh. The last couple of days I have also noticed that the young turkeys have started to really move about and if the coyotes don't get some we will be over run with them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted July 15, 2007 Report Share Posted July 15, 2007 i see them.... they're in my garden... lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HarvDog Posted July 16, 2007 Report Share Posted July 16, 2007 I've been seeing quite a bit to and from work. We also some this weekend while hanging out at a park near dusk. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.