Griz Posted July 29, 2007 Report Share Posted July 29, 2007 I'm driving along heading back to the house at 10 o'clock this evening. when all of a sudden..."BAM"!!! Something hit my windshield and I do mean hard to... I hit the skids thinking, What the heck was that. I see something laying on the hood of my truck. So I get out to see what it was. It was a bat... Knock that little sucker plum out, it did... At first I thought it was dead, but then it started wiggling and moving and then it kinda got up and flew away... I started laughing, thinking, man Batman has gotten one heck of a headache now...LOL... No harm to the truck. But I bet that bat has lost it's pride... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
terry264 Posted July 29, 2007 Report Share Posted July 29, 2007 Griz, did you have your radar jammimg equip. on? ha ha, hey saw your other post too, in your "spare time" how about doing a little shooting, LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dartonman Posted July 29, 2007 Report Share Posted July 29, 2007 LOL.............."Bats, their great survivors..."...lol.........well according to the movie anyway....yea, I bet that ole bat is really shook up for a bit for that little mishap....must of been chasing a moth.......al Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griz Posted July 29, 2007 Author Report Share Posted July 29, 2007 Griz, did you have your radar jammimg equip. on? ha ha, hey saw your other post too, in your "spare time" how about doing a little shooting, LOL Well...I did have the radio on along with the AC...LOL...:D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted July 29, 2007 Report Share Posted July 29, 2007 LOL. Dont think I have ever hit a bat, but have had one that hit a barb on our fence and was stuck to it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TOMSD5 Posted July 29, 2007 Report Share Posted July 29, 2007 had on stuck to the grill of my truck earlier this spring.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tallone Posted July 29, 2007 Report Share Posted July 29, 2007 I hit one two years ago and it stuck in my windshield wiper Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OJR Posted July 29, 2007 Report Share Posted July 29, 2007 That is a strange event! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted July 29, 2007 Report Share Posted July 29, 2007 Griz, did you have your radar jammimg equip. LOL! That's what I was thinking! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
IowaDeerHunter Posted July 29, 2007 Report Share Posted July 29, 2007 Griz, that reminds of of a time coming back from a football game. This is a true story by the way. The top emergency hatches were open because the AC did not work. I was standing up in back and something hit me in the head really hard. I thought somebody had thrown something at me. Here a bat came in through the hatch and smoked me in the head and I killed it! lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HuntnMa Posted July 29, 2007 Report Share Posted July 29, 2007 i've never hit a bat, lol.....hit a few birds but all i see when i do that is blood and feathers.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeramie Posted July 30, 2007 Report Share Posted July 30, 2007 Wow, ive never hit a bat but ive hid a ton of other birds. Did you pet it? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HarvDog Posted July 31, 2007 Report Share Posted July 31, 2007 Wow! They'll freak you out for sure. A friend of mine hit a bat while driving a church bus full of teenagers to an event. The bat actually hit the windshield and got stuck on the wiper blade. It was pretty funny...well...she didn't think so. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Andrea Posted July 31, 2007 Report Share Posted July 31, 2007 I thought I hit a dove once. It flew up right as I almost ran over it. I got out to see if it was stuck to the grill and there she was...........sitting pretty on the top of my car. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
okiedog Posted July 31, 2007 Report Share Posted July 31, 2007 I hit an owl once. Was driving home from work one night, and saw it for just a split second. BAM! Hit right at the top of the windshield. It sounded like the whole truck exploded:eek:. No harm done though. At least not to my truck:D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RangerClay Posted July 31, 2007 Report Share Posted July 31, 2007 WOW! I've never hit a bat. I hit a seagull once that broke my grill. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.