WaCoyote Posted August 11, 2007 Report Share Posted August 11, 2007 Almost time to get the .410's ready and shoot some grouse. Some of you may remember we just had a fabulous year last year and it looks like more of the same this year. Had a dry spring so I'm thinking the hatch will be good. Where you at Shaun 300???? You ready to get some Ruffles??? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted August 12, 2007 Report Share Posted August 12, 2007 Unbelievable. Sure wish I could hunt numbers like that. They are a ton of fun. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
terry264 Posted August 12, 2007 Report Share Posted August 12, 2007 where is grouseville anyway? Sure would like to get into those grouse. 40+yrs. ago there were lots of them around here, but no more. Back when I couldn't hit them there were plenty, flushed in coveys sometimes 10 or more, scare ya' to death. Then got to a point with another shotgun, (that fit me), I could hit them and their population just went down to nothing really fast. Not due to being shot, just habitat and predation. Would like to see them taken with a .410, have never tried that. That has got to be a challenge. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WaCoyote Posted August 12, 2007 Author Report Share Posted August 12, 2007 1st off there is no Grouseville. I live in Spokane WA. I change the "Ville" in my profile to the season I'm in at the time. Turkey, Coyote, etc etc. Actually we usually ground sleuse the Grouse so it's not that big of a challenge. The woods are so thick that you really can't wing shoot them. Occasionally we go to a spot we know of and wing shoot them but it's so far north. In fact most guys shoot them with a .22. I like a small shotgun so you don't wreck them. We save the wing shooting for Dove, Huns, Pheasants and Quail. Huns from last year Pheasants from 06? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted August 13, 2007 Report Share Posted August 13, 2007 I'm here anxiously waiting for September 20th to roll around!! :D I've saw a few this year already so hopefully the numbers are up from last year! Here's a few from last year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.