buckee Posted September 18, 2007 Report Share Posted September 18, 2007 Field Dressing your deer: http://www.wildlifeartistry.com/hints-fielddress.htm or http://www.surviveoutdoors.com/reference/fielddress.asp or (Courtesy of Canuck2) http://www.angelfire.com/bc/canuck2/gutting.html I always make the butt cut first, then the genitals, and on up. Be careful of the bladder. It's always nice to get that out without spilling any deer urine on the meat, and besides, I save all my deer urine. We gut em where they drop here. The eagles and turkey vultures have the gut-pile cleaned up in a day. I've also never seen a gut-pile ruin the hunting in a spot, in fact it's a wise decision to hunt over a gut pile the next day, since deer are curious. Steve Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted September 19, 2007 Report Share Posted September 19, 2007 in fact it's a wise decision to hunt over a gut pile the next day, since deer are curious. Surprisingly, I have setup trail cams over gut piles and as many if not more deer visited the piles than did varmints like yotes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.