deerkillr777 Posted October 14, 2007 Report Share Posted October 14, 2007 when the pre rut, rut and post rut normally start around here is pa havnt ever hunted the rut befor jsut normally rifel season but this year its all bow then rifel then more bow so i would liek ot know when the rut goes on i am in the 4e section for hunting Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hoytbowhunter Posted October 14, 2007 Report Share Posted October 14, 2007 Im expecting the pre rut to kick off the end of this week early next week the deer will probley be chaseing the last week of oct &-or the first week of november then it will slow down the last week of the season but you never know the big boy might be chasen that week its hard to tell excatley but that should give you a rough outline. Good luck hope this helps!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wildthing Posted October 15, 2007 Report Share Posted October 15, 2007 I saw a small buck lightly doggin' a doe this weekend. Not a lot of crazy activety. I was seeing deer on their feet moving all the way up through the noon-1 pm time frame. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
deerkillr777 Posted October 15, 2007 Author Report Share Posted October 15, 2007 should i start grunting or rateeling or callin of any sort or jsut wait a bit right now i used the can once or twice but no responce Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hoyt03 Posted October 16, 2007 Report Share Posted October 16, 2007 the last two weeks of bow season are usually the best here in 5B. I've even had rutting activity first week of rifle season. Infact the last two years I've had hot does in the area with bucks chasing and not leaving their side. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted October 16, 2007 Report Share Posted October 16, 2007 the last two weeks of bow season are usually the best here in 5B. I've even had rutting activity first week of rifle season. Infact the last two years I've had hot does in the area with bucks chasing and not leaving their side. Thats when I noticed it as well. But on Friday, I seen two bucks nosing and chasing the does all around me! Might be a bit early this year! Maybe this cold snap has them feeling frisky! But the weather man says upper 70's by this coming Friday! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.