beagleboy Posted December 28, 2007 Report Share Posted December 28, 2007 Very nice deer. Congrats Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg Posted December 28, 2007 Report Share Posted December 28, 2007 That's a great looking deer!!! I'd classify him as a monster in my books!!! Way to go and welcome to the forums! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wadeocu Posted December 28, 2007 Author Report Share Posted December 28, 2007 Thanks for all the kind comments and warm welcomes folks! I am indeed very proud of this deer so don't get me wrong, I'm just kind of curious about the score and age, it won't change the fact that I am as pleased as can be with this harvest! As for some specific questions: That other deer is also nice, although looks like he got hit in the gut He was actually shot through the spine - clean kill but it destroyed the loins unfortunately. Are you going to have him mounted? Absolutely - took him to the best guy in town so its going to take a year or so because he's a busy fellow. I want it done right though so I figure its worth the wait. Thanks again for the nice responses and greetings. I've been lurking for a long time but this is the first time I have had the opportunity to actually contribute something. Here is another 10 that a buddy shot two days later. He was coming out the other side of the same thick stuff mine was going into. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craig mack Posted December 28, 2007 Report Share Posted December 28, 2007 Awesome buck!!! Congrats Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hoytman26 Posted December 28, 2007 Report Share Posted December 28, 2007 That is an awesome buck. Congrats!!!! He will gross 130" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
booner1331 Posted December 28, 2007 Report Share Posted December 28, 2007 great buck...congrats Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest puddin Posted December 29, 2007 Report Share Posted December 29, 2007 biggest buck ever Looks to be about 3 1/2 years from the mass and the body, we have numerous 140 class deer in our sporting room and one 181 class, your deer is in the ball park with our 135 to 140 deer. I'd be more than happy to hang it in our sporting room. Congrats. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HuntnMa Posted December 29, 2007 Report Share Posted December 29, 2007 thats awesome...... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shawn Posted December 30, 2007 Report Share Posted December 30, 2007 Congrats on a awesome buck. Wish id seen something like that this year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
razortec_hunter Posted December 31, 2007 Report Share Posted December 31, 2007 i have the skull of a buck around that big though mine was a 5x5 it didn't have as much mass as this one mine scored 138 i'd guess your buck to be around 135 awesome deer!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.