maddhunter Posted December 31, 2007 Report Share Posted December 31, 2007 Well our 3 month long archery season comes to a close this evening and my son Cole and I have not filled a buck tag. We will be making a few changes in our fodd plot, feeders, scouting and hunting aproaches for next season. Not to mention saveing some extra vacation time for early and late bow season. As for now it's on to coyotes, bobcat, squirrel, rabbit and then finally in April, turkey. But on a good note, here is something we have to look forward to next year. And I will be doing everything I can as far as nutrition and cover as I can do to attract and hold more deer in our area. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rhine16 Posted December 31, 2007 Report Share Posted December 31, 2007 Sorry you couldnt harvest a buck this year, but you will have a nice one running around next year. Good luck with the small game, predator, and turkey hunting! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted January 1, 2008 Report Share Posted January 1, 2008 That buck has some nice potential for sure. Good luck with the varmint hunting. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
arrow32 Posted January 2, 2008 Report Share Posted January 2, 2008 Least you have something to look forward to. Good luck busting the varmints. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BearClaw Posted January 2, 2008 Report Share Posted January 2, 2008 Unfortunately, this sometimes happens. But that's why Realtree's slogan is Family, Friends and the Outdoors! Time spent in the field with family and friends and the memories is priceless. Yes, it's disappointing but the 'kill' isn't the only reason we go. There were a number of years when I came up empty but I kept going back. It's changed now but I'm still humbled when I can harvest a deer. Good luck with the coyotes and the turkey hunting. I tell people.."You gotta love it!" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rad_112176 Posted January 2, 2008 Report Share Posted January 2, 2008 Looks like you will have a nice one next year. Get the food, cover, and water there for them and keep the pressure low and i am sure you will have paradise next year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.