blacktailslayer Posted April 9, 2008 Report Share Posted April 9, 2008 Is there anyone that has had luck calling in cougars with calls. We can't use dogs here in Oregon, but I would love to try and call one in. I have a perfect spot for a tree stand and know this is where a couple of cougars hang out. I just need to figure out what would be the best hand or mouth calls and get a decoy. I have never tried predator hunting before, but have seen several tracks in this area and finally got pictures of a big Tom on my trail cam. Thanks for the help. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
aksheephuntress Posted April 9, 2008 Report Share Posted April 9, 2008 ...Hi!...This sounds neat!... -...There are several real successful predator hunters on here...wait, and they will answer... -In the meantime,just take any old call and wail on it like you are dying....works with the coyote,here.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wyohunter Posted April 10, 2008 Report Share Posted April 10, 2008 get a fryer chicken, rub it all over your body..... run around crazy like and yell.... here kitty kitty :p:p Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sureshot Posted April 10, 2008 Report Share Posted April 10, 2008 never calle din a big cat, but it would be fun,all I can say is be very careful,they are the hunters here rememebr and cats can sneak in so quiet,they will be on your lap before you know it,I would expect a fawn bleat would work as a great call, they hunt mostly deer so like coyote hunting use the calls that sound like the animals they hunt.I would really suggest to have a buddy watchign your back, I would expect them to be really slow coming in to, so be patiant, the next best way would be to find a kill site and sit over it, they will be back, they also like to bring there food up trees, I have found a few calves in trees here from the big cats and we do not have many of them, Let us know how it goes , I would love to get a cat and a bear calling in, my dream, good luck, sorry I could not be more help!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.