tedicast Posted January 18, 2005 Report Share Posted January 18, 2005 I used to shoot 3". I found I was a much more accurate shooter with the 2 3/4". I don't think the added recoil of the 3" is worth it. It doesn't matter, 2 3/4 or 3" will have the same effect on a deer when double lunged, or heart/lunged.....Get your drag rope out!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
billygoat Posted January 18, 2005 Report Share Posted January 18, 2005 Re: what size I shoot 3" but like Tedi said, I'm not sure the added recoil is worth it! Every year I shoot 2 boxes before I head out, and my shoulder knows it... I also don't think accuracy is compromised by shooting a 2 3/4". Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MUDRUNNER Posted January 18, 2005 Report Share Posted January 18, 2005 Re: what size I SHOOT 3",BUT DON'T THINK IT IS NECCESSARY.A 2 3/4 WILL KILL A DEER JUST AS QUICKLY SO LONG AS YOU CAN HIT YOUR SPOT.I JUST BOUGHT ABOUT 40 SLUGS,AND WHEN THEY'RE GONE I'LL PROBABLY GO BACK TO 2 3/4. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted January 18, 2005 Report Share Posted January 18, 2005 Re: what size Never have used the shotgun for deer. I have considered shooting sabots from my 1300 this year. Dont really know how much more of an advantage there would be in shooting a 3 inch over the 2 3/4. Think close in either would be lethal. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.