sasksheds Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 This guy went through last year about 400 yds away from my shack.Like an idiot he drove along the pressure ridge & then tried to cross it.The water is @ least 75 ft deep here.Everyone got out safe.Notice his auger & other fishing equip frozen in the ice in the back of the truck!What do ya think his wife said? [image] [/image] [image] [/image] Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RyanH Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic LOL what was he thinking? LOL geez i cant believe that! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic What the heck was this moron trying to prove.....bet the wife wasn't to impressed at all...he probably got moved into the garage for this stunt... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
fisherguy Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic WHat an idiot. WHat did your DNR have to say? Here i think you get fined by the day if it goes through and you do not get it out ASAP. That is why most of the time i take the snowmobile. Even with 4 feet of ice you can get airhole in random places...not a problem on a snowmobile but i get nervous in a truck. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sasksheds Posted January 21, 2005 Author Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic Ya with no truck he'd have lots of room in the garage.) I havnt heard but would think Environment Canada would not be happy.I will try & find out this winter on the lake. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic Great pictures....what a moron Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sasksheds Posted January 21, 2005 Author Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic Aw,I wouldn't be to harsd on him.Some guys just dont know.Just glad they got out & I got the pic ) I was alittle nervous about the dog! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sasksheds Posted January 21, 2005 Author Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic Dad kept yelling @ me to get back.Like any son "I knew better" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dogdoc Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic yikes---that looks scary! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JimT Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic That would stink for sure. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic I wonder what his insurance company thinks of this!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
archerjg Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic That is funny that the guy thought he could cross the ice and make it. I hope that he at least learned a lesson. Archerjg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic wow.. thats smart! what an idiot. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Team Realtree Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic This southern boy cannot relate to this. I wouldn't even walk across a body of water that is frozen, much less drive my truck over it. And snowmobiles? I know what they are but have never even seen one run. Just give me a 4-wheeler and red Georgia clay! S Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HarvDog Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic Must have been a Virginia driver!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntn4bucks Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic [ QUOTE ] This southern boy cannot relate to this. I wouldn't even walk across a body of water that is frozen, much less drive my truck over it. And snowmobiles? I know what they are but have never even seen one run. Just give me a 4-wheeler and red Georgia clay! S [/ QUOTE ] You got that right Scott!!! This southern boy ain't driving his truck over no water...frozen or otherwise! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic Its a ford, no great loss eh. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic He definitely needs a lesson in what a pressure ridge is I don't think we're allowed to post what his wife said, something to the effect of the south end of a mule I think. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hutchies Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic Thanks but this okie prefers to fish from the bank. If my boat can't go in it my truck is **** sure not gonna go on it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic I didnt know FORDS FLOAT!!! LMBO!!!!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VTbowman Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic Was this truck recovered before going under? I would like to see those picks too. Who had the pics last year of some guys white truck being dragged out of the sea ice. Man the removal did more damage then the water and going threw did. LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sasksheds Posted January 21, 2005 Author Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic I think they tied a float to it & got it out in the spring.I have seen semis stuck in the ice on TV.They go through every year here in northern Sask.They bring other semis in with booms & after they hook up to the one in the ice they dynamite the ice to break it free.It was a pretty cool show to watch.That is the only way some of the northern comm. get supplies in the winter is the ice highways.The drivers get payed good money but risk there lives & sanity. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VTbowman Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic I understand the fears some people have but ice can be real safe if thick enough. Not only that but it does not take a whole lot to be safe enough for multiple cars/trucks to park in one area. As little as 10 inches is safe enough for full sized pick-ups. You get 24 to 36 inches and your would be hard pressed to get threw the ice. However I do not drive on it until I see a whole lot of cars out there. Then I only stay on "proven" ice or plowed ice roads. JMO Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest benelli_man_84 Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic [ QUOTE ] This southern boy cannot relate to this. I wouldn't even walk across a body of water that is frozen, much less drive my truck over it. And snowmobiles? I know what they are but have never even seen one run. Just give me a 4-wheeler and red Georgia clay! S [/ QUOTE ] This Ga boy would never mess with ice. I stick to mudbogging. Much easier to get out once you get stuck. I have had to use a bulldozer a few times in high school, but we were trying to see who would get stuck last. That has to suck for him. He may not be married much longer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Greener Posted January 21, 2005 Report Share Posted January 21, 2005 Re: Help!I need a tow!Pic That's too funny, Sasksheds. I saw a guy do exactly that same thing a few years ago. The pressure ridge opened up and we were fishing right through it. A few guys were driving across in a spot where it was narrow enough. Along came a big jacked up Bronco and he tried to cross in the wrong spot. Same result as what you posted. Just the other sway around. His front end went in. I wish I had a camera. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.