JJL Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 It appears as though I'm heading to Alaska in the Spring..............gonna be a l..o..n..g winter. So everyone is aware. This hunt should have easily sold for twice this amount if not three times. With that in mind............The Browning will maintain it's residency in Alaska. That's right Kathleen, you can keep your gun. I know for a fact that it has a special place in your heart, keep it there. Maybe, the child you were carrying in that picture, can someday use this gun to shoot their first bear............that's the picture I want to see. Kathleen will be here in Colorado in a few days to hunt Elk with myself, Steve Beilgard, and Charlie and Dawn. I'm sure we can find some sort of compromise to this situation. But, My Heart tells me to allow the gun to stay in Alaska. So be it. Too-Pointer....... I'm sorry we couldn't do better on this auction, that's the way it goes sometimes. I'll have a check in the mail TODAY. God Bless You. For Everyone Else............. This is the fourth hunt of this type I've purchased off these Forums. NO.....I'm not filthy rich. I get great pleasure from helping others. My wife and family understand that I enjoy hunting and they allow me to do this. There are several individuals within these forums who's hearts are definately HUGE and they are willing to share their opportunities with others. I highly recommend that you take advantage of them. You WILL NOT be dissappointed, ask someone who went to the Wyoming antelope hunt...........enough said. Kathleen........Your generosity continues to make the Lord Smile. While there are those who would proclaim that you are a Magnificant Angel sent from heaven to help others. I believe that you are a person who just really understands what being a Christian is all about. When you get to Elk Camp you will be in the midst of others who are like you. I've talked with Steve about this one. You get the "Golden Bullet" on this trip, It's all about getting Kathleen an Elk. God willing we'll get it done.........and I think he is. Thank-You again Realtree for making this possible. __________________ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 Way to go Jim and Kathleen, very generous and a great post here too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BowtechTurkeyHunter Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 Congratz on the hunt bud I know you will have a blast. Steve Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WHISKEYSWAMP Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 congrats Jim... that should be a great hunt! Good luck! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
too_pointer Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 It appears as though I'm heading to Alaska in the Spring..............gonna be a l..o..n..g winter. So everyone is aware. This hunt should have easily sold for twice this amount if not three times. With that in mind............The Browning will maintain it's residency in Alaska. That's right Kathleen, you can keep your gun. I know for a fact that it has a special place in your heart, keep it there. Maybe, the child you were carrying in that picture, can someday use this gun to shoot their first bear............that's the picture I want to see. Kathleen will be here in Colorado in a few days to hunt Elk with myself, Steve Beilgard, and Charlie and Dawn. I'm sure we can find some sort of compromise to this situation. But, My Heart tells me to allow the gun to stay in Alaska. So be it. Too-Pointer....... I'm sorry we couldn't do better on this auction, that's the way it goes sometimes. I'll have a check in the mail TODAY. God Bless You. For Everyone Else............. This is the fourth hunt of this type I've purchased off these Forums. NO.....I'm not filthy rich. I get great pleasure from helping others. My wife and family understand that I enjoy hunting and they allow me to do this. There are several individuals within these forums who's hearts are definitely HUGE and they are willing to share their opportunities with others. I highly recommend that you take advantage of them. You WILL NOT be disappointed, ask someone who went to the Wyoming antelope hunt...........enough said. Kathleen........Your generosity continues to make the Lord Smile. While there are those who would proclaim that you are a Magnificent Angel sent from heaven to help others. I believe that you are a person who just really understands what being a Christian is all about. When you get to Elk Camp you will be in the midst of others who are like you. I've talked with Steve about this one. You get the "Golden Bullet" on this trip, It's all about getting Kathleen an Elk. God willing we'll get it done.........and I think he is. Thank-You again Realtree for making this possible. __________________ Thanks everyone involved with this trip, from Kathleen and her tremendous generosity, to all the bidders, and finally jjl, who should have a beautiful hunt out of this. I'm speachless, and very humbled. !! Mike Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
007hunter Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 You done good jjl. Wish I had the money for a great hunt. Guess I'm stuck hunting wiley PA whitetails, not that that's a bad thing either... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 Great post Jim. Good luck on your hunt. If wasn't for the school year getting in the way of hunting seasons, I'd probably be taking trips all over North America too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
toddyboman Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 Way to go Jim Way to go Kathleen Good luck on your hunt Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
texastrophies Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 Jim, you, as is Kathleen, are a special person. I will now say that you & her are both amazing. The generosity you both show, definately comes from the heart. I offer a sincere thank you to both of you. I regret that I won't be able to see you again and meet her in Colorado, but you already know about that. If the circumstances would have been a little different for me, I had planned on having that bear hunt and was prepared to go up a ways. Hopefully after my life makes it's turns, I will be able to help out the next time something like this comes up. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JJL Posted October 20, 2008 Author Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 Jim, you, as is Kathleen, are a special person. I will now say that you & her are both amazing. The generosity you both show, definately comes from the heart. I offer a sincere thank you to both of you. I regret that I won't be able to see you again and meet her in Colorado, but you already know about that. If the circumstances would have been a little different for me, I had planned on having that bear hunt and was prepared to go up a ways. Hopefully after my life makes it's turns, I will be able to help out the next time something like this comes up. When that moment comes Jeff, I would LOVE to be part of it. Whether that is in Colorado,Alaska or some other destination. Until that time you and your family are in our prayers. God Bless JJL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
KirkV Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 Way to go Jim and a great email to a great lady Kathleen. I will look forward to seeing you up north! Way to go both of you. Kirk Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ruttinbuc Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 I am very honored to have you and Kathleen as my friends, Jim. It is very generous and thoughtful of both of you to reach out in the way that you have. I wish you both the very best on your hunts and in life. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 way to go, jim. and what a class act. bidding high on the hunt, and then allowing kathleen to keep her rifle. and kathleen, what a neat offer for someone you've never met. this is the spirit that simply does not exist on any other forum site on the web. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Randy Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 I love this place! WTG Jim! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
davetucker Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 Way to go jim!!Like said before"what a class act"!!Theres a reason why o love to jump around the campfire almost evryday!!You show such tremendous heart and manhood letting kathleen keep her rifle!!I wish i could have been a help to too pointer!!I tried to help with a hunt in maine but it wasn't feasable!!Plus maine archery had already started!!I felt bad and still do!!I also wish i would have had the money to bid on one of them hunts or to bid as high as they are worth!!I already booked one hunt and the wife in no way was gonna let me play with another 2500(what it would haver cost after your said in done and thats not taxi)!!We are working class people that have to live on a budget like most of us in the working class!!I am babling know but thats how bad i felt about not being able to help a brother out! Anyways congrats jim!!I hope you have a great hunt with the bear hunt!!I'm sure god will have his hand apon that hunt!!also good luck with upcoming elk hunt!!God will reward you and kathleen for your generosity!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 And there you have it ... This is what things like this are all about ... :cool: I've had the PLEASURE of meeting alot of members on this site, Jim and Kathleen are just two recent members .. They both are truely awsome individuals ... GOD BLESS you both. Kathleen here's to you tagging a trophy Elk ,, and Jim I hope you slam a MONSTER bear .. ;) With SteveB. present it's more than likely to happen .. Mike,, prayers continue from here for you and your family ... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
too_pointer Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 Thanks Luke :D too_ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
aksheephuntress Posted October 20, 2008 Report Share Posted October 20, 2008 ....Oh, my....-I was in tears by the time I finished reading this.... -this is truly incredible- ....JJ, I am speechless, and amazed- you have given from the heart, in the most selfless, caring way....words can't even begin to describe what I feel right now- .....JJ, and Steve B...and everyone here- all of the Realtree family...-everyone who has donated, given, and participated through the auction threads...and also those who have given of themselves in so many other ways,many of you have, for many years here... -whether through kind words, advice, encouragement, and uplifting humor for each other... -You all are the most special, beloved, kind and caring group of people...I feel so thankful, everyday, to be a part of this unique, incredible, one-of-a-kind forum... -the true meaning of the word FAMILY..... -I still can't find the words...-enough words, or something...-I have to digest this, or blink somemore...- -this is a little overwhelming... -thankyou, JJ- I need a moment to compose myself... - continued prayers from Alaska for you, Two Pointer...-you are very special- --prayers for you and your family, Jeff(Texastrophies)...I pray for peace and comfort, in your situation.... -everyday- -what incredible possibilities abound when people come together and give, and do for others...-it just only gets better and better... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nativetexan Posted October 21, 2008 Report Share Posted October 21, 2008 I would have taken the gun.... . . . . . . . . . . Just kiddin! Good people here...Just can't let you guys get too emotional. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tink Posted October 23, 2008 Report Share Posted October 23, 2008 Goodness!!!!! This is Wonderful My My Thats something isn't it? you all are real good folks A Frontier Mother needs all the weapons she can get her hands on. A lot of us have great difficulties in our lives and we see turbulences in other lives as well bowhunting is a place and opportunity in our life, to get away for a while and be at peace with the Lord & maker & Mother Nature. Kathleen is a Very very Special person and lets all pray for the Good Lord to keep her safe, and may her aim always be true Tink Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.