johnf Posted January 27, 2005 Report Share Posted January 27, 2005 What is the difference between Pyrodex RS and Hogden's 777. I picked up one of each at wal-mart for $9. I figured that I couldn't go wrong with either. Will the 777 be ok for my T/C Scout? Also, I'm thinking about getting a ML barrel for my handi-rifle. Can these shoot magnum loads, and has anyone cleaned one? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
too_pointer Posted January 27, 2005 Report Share Posted January 27, 2005 Re: Dumb ML questions John, I know pyro has sulfer in it and 777 doesn't, I understand 777 has a sugar base. 777 is equal to pyrodex in the pellet form, but is up to 20% stronger than pyro in the lose form. Triple 7 is usually easier to clean with just some soapy water. too_ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JimT Posted January 28, 2005 Report Share Posted January 28, 2005 Re: Dumb ML questions Too Pointer pretty much summed it up. The big plus with 777 is that it is easier to clean. Both will do the job well in the woods. Sounds like you got a good deal for sure. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJ Posted January 28, 2005 Report Share Posted January 28, 2005 Re: Dumb ML questions [ QUOTE ] Also, I'm thinking about getting a ML barrel for my handi-rifle. Can these shoot magnum loads, and has anyone cleaned one? [/ QUOTE ] The Handi-Huntsman is not designed to take magnum loads (150 gr charges). This is straight from H&R 1871. As far as cleaning, they are like any other ML. Take the barrel off the stock, remove the breechplug, use your favorite BP cleaning solvent and method. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DannoBoone1 Posted January 29, 2005 Report Share Posted January 29, 2005 Re: Dumb ML questions Here is another possibility: http://www.smokelessmuzzleloading.com/ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.