Swamphunter Posted November 24, 2008 Report Share Posted November 24, 2008 I am getting ready to purchase a set of binoculars for hunting and because I mostly archery hunt, I am going to get the harness that secures them to my chest a bit better. I was wondering if there is any interference with the bowstring when worn this way, or should I buy a more compact version and carry them in my pocket. Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Flintlock1776 Posted November 24, 2008 Report Share Posted November 24, 2008 Get these things: Bino strap http://www.vortexoptics.com/accessories/view/vortex_binocular_harness_strap Bino Loc http://www.vortexoptics.com/accessories/view/binoc-loc And made in USA binos: http://www.vortexoptics.com/binoculars I know a guy over on AT that sells it all, I bought from him. He beats MSRP big time. Send me a PM is you want his link off AT forum Amazing results with these binos I have picked out a deer's nose at 100 yards while he stood in the thick stuff. I wish I could afford the Vortex Razor but my Diamondback do the trick thus far. The bino straps are a godsend when bow or rifle hunting and even when spot/stalking. Get yourself one! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Illinois59 Posted November 24, 2008 Report Share Posted November 24, 2008 I have the chest strap harness and it works fine. However, i can honestly say that i have never found binoculars useful while bowhunting. This year i stopped carrying them. Every time that i have seen a buck that i wanted to shoot i knew it at first site whether he was 500 yards away or 50. Just my opinion. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Flintlock1776 Posted November 24, 2008 Report Share Posted November 24, 2008 I have the chest strap harness and it works fine. However, i can honestly say that i have never found binoculars useful while bowhunting. This year i stopped carrying them. Every time that i have seen a buck that i wanted to shoot i knew it at first site whether he was 500 yards away or 50. Just my opinion. In low light with good binos it still helps to see a buck in good detail. The deer you want to take is an individual decision but I love the clarity my binos give me to make my decision. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted November 24, 2008 Author Report Share Posted November 24, 2008 Every time that i have seen a buck that i wanted to shoot i knew it at first site whether he was 500 yards away or 50. Just my opinion. I wouldn't normally disagree with this statement, but I am headed on a couple of trips next year, one of them to th midwest, and since it might be spot and stalk, I want to make sure that the equipment I am using, is adequate. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Flintlock1776 Posted November 24, 2008 Report Share Posted November 24, 2008 PM sent, let me know how it worked out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted November 24, 2008 Author Report Share Posted November 24, 2008 I will, thanks! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.