need2hunt Posted February 1, 2005 Report Share Posted February 1, 2005 I thought I'ld bring up this teaser, I posted it last year at the end of the season but thought it might get some of you guys motivated... and yes i figured it might drive few of you insane waiting for season... enjoy It's Saturday in Missouri, Sue and I are in the ground blind with our bows and a hen moving on the right of the field when HE pops out... The hen heads straight toward the blind with him lagging behind. She passes in front of the blind at under 20 yards. He's following her... could this be to good to be true? He's at 30+ yards when he stops and looks down at the other end of the field... OMG!! Theres another Tom all fanned out! Wait!! Where are you going!?!? The mighty powers clash!! Our bird that took his time to go all the way to the other end of the field gets his butt kicked in mere seconds and takes off running (he's lucky he didn't stay with his girlfriend LOL) The big boy on the block follows 8 hens and a jake down to our end of the field and stands back to be admired (70 yards) Then the jake and bearded hen almost commit to those last few yards... but foiled again! Mr. Big ends up slipping away... but be warned... there will be gunpowder involved next year LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mach1 Posted February 1, 2005 Report Share Posted February 1, 2005 Re: Almost like your huntin Awesome, awesome pics. I can't wait to get out there and try to bag my first bird. I've went the last couple years without success (last year a trio of dogs foiled an attempt ). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RyanH Posted February 1, 2005 Report Share Posted February 1, 2005 Re: Almost like your huntin Man those are some great pics! Thanks for sharing! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntn4bucks Posted February 1, 2005 Report Share Posted February 1, 2005 Re: Almost like your huntin I remember those from last year...great storyboard! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntinsonovagun Posted February 1, 2005 Report Share Posted February 1, 2005 Re: Almost like your huntin Great pics and story!! Somehow I missed it the first time around..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest DJR Posted February 1, 2005 Report Share Posted February 1, 2005 Re: Almost like your huntin Got me all fired up!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
James7xChamp3 Posted February 1, 2005 Report Share Posted February 1, 2005 Re: Almost like your huntin Great pics! Sure fires me up! Should know in a couple weeks if I drew a permit or not. In the meantime I'll be praying! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gus Posted February 1, 2005 Report Share Posted February 1, 2005 Re: Almost like your huntin Great picture story Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MadHuntinPastor Posted February 2, 2005 Report Share Posted February 2, 2005 Re: Almost like your huntin I'm ready and raring to go! Let's go kill us a bird!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted February 2, 2005 Report Share Posted February 2, 2005 Re: Almost like your huntin need2hunt, You big tease... ..now I need to go and kill something.... Great Pics....Hope one of the Big Tom's makes his way into your oven.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Strut_Buster Posted February 2, 2005 Report Share Posted February 2, 2005 Re: Almost like your huntin Sweeeet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dogdoc Posted February 2, 2005 Report Share Posted February 2, 2005 Re: Almost like your huntin great sequence of events---i think i gotta get the calls out now! todd Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Covehnter Posted February 5, 2005 Report Share Posted February 5, 2005 Re: Almost like your huntin I some how missed that too, awesome pics and story as well! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.