Doe-ee Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 I know a lot of you have read Buckee's recent thread entitled "My Little Shed Dog". Very cute, I know, but in reality Polli is MY little shed dog. Well at least she used to be. 3 years ago my little 18yr old dog finally died. I am one that can't go for long without a canine companion, but it took months to convince Steve that I needed another dog. I found some people about a half hour up the road who had 1 little pup left from a litter they absolutely didn't have any use for. You see Polli is a mutt, and in their eyes, useless. She was kept locked up in a cage in their dark laundry room with no human touch, not even a toy for 3 months. Both the pup and her mother were terrified of the owner. I had never seen a dog cower like that in it's own enviroment. Anyway, I had to get that puppy out of there. Steve was not happy with the prospect of having another dog (the last one didn't like him so much) and so it took another day of cajoling to get him back up there. Finally, much to my delight, he capitulated with "OK but I will not have anything to do with this dog....I will not feed her.....I will not take it to the vet.....etc.etc.This is YOUR dog....remember that!" I agreed. Little Polli threw up on the way home. Twice. She didn't want us to touch her. She ran frantic circles around her new toys. She peed on the floor. I had a few days off and bonded well with Polli. She discovered she liked squeaky toys and drove Steve nuts with her incessant peep, peep, peeping. Then I had to go back to work. I was worried all day that those two had a miserable time together. All for naught. We pulled into the driveway and Steve practically pushed me out of the way to get into the house first. He flung open the door, got down on one knee and I couldn't believe my ears! Here was this dog- hating, mean, mean man calling MY dog...."Where's my baby, where's my baby?" To which Polli came running and jumped into his arms! I mean "REALLY" Since then they have been pretty much inseparable. She sits on his knee with one paw on the steering wheel, while he's driving. She sleeps on his shoulder while he naps on the couch. She even licks his feet every night at bedtime.(yuck) He STOLE my dog! Steve is Polli's hero.....and in reality..............I love it just like it is! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OJR Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 BIG BAD STEVE! What a farce! LOL!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ruttinbuc Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 Amazing how a little mutt can bring even the toughest of men to there knees! Great story, Diana! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RTF Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 LOL, great story. Sneek a pic next time when they fall asleep together. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Slash Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 Excellent story, animals are great. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
KirkV Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 Steve ....What a Baaaad Man you are lol. Great story doeee and glad to see a abused pup get a good loving home. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RangerClay Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 It is amazing how a dog can touch one's heart. Thank you for sharing the story. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
arrow32 Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 LOL! Steve you weren't very tuff to long:D Great story. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GWSmith Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 I understand Lady-D...I have one of those Dog Thiefs here at home too:eek: ..and it's just fine that way;) Tell ya what though...if I ever get another Dog there will be a rule enacted that Linda cant sit down on the kitchen floor and hand feed the dog to spoil it rotten:eek: Funny how someone who is "Not a Dog Person" can be brought to thier Butt by a Mutt:D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Turkeygirl Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 Gosh Steve, what a loser...lol (jk). Steve and Polli...wooooo:-p Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Doe-ee Posted March 17, 2009 Author Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 Actually, I love dogs. It was just our last dog "Bentley" that I didn't like much. It was a little Maltese and him and I were always competing for the Alpha Male role in the family. You couldn't hand feed him, because he would sooner bite you to get the food, than take it gently. He was weird, but he was Diana's dog. No, I didn't want this dog, but once we got her, I couldn't resist those loving eyes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 Actually, I love dogs. It was just our last dog "Bentley" that I didn't like much. It was a little Maltese and him and I were always competing for the Alpha Male role in the family. You couldn't hand feed him, because he would sooner bite you to get the food, than take it gently. He was weird, but he was Diana's dog. No, I didn't want this dog, but once we got her, I couldn't resist those loving eyes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cinch314 Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 LOL that is funny! I had a chihuahua once and my dad said that he hated the dog but we came home several times early to find the two snuggled up on the couch together asleep lol. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 Polly knows who she can trust too. Dogs know these things ya know. :D:D:D (just thought I'd sneak that in there) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GWSmith Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 Polly knows who she can trust too. Dogs know these things ya know. :D:D:D (just thought I'd sneak that in there) LOL...Hear that?...That cracking sound is the thin ice your stomping on:D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 LOL. Neat story Diana, thanks for sharing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dakota Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 lol Sweet story, Diane! Dakota Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Heavy Metal Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 I know a lot of you have read Buckee's recent thread entitled "My Little Shed Dog". Very cute, I know, but in reality Polli is MY little shed dog. Well at least she used to be. 3 years ago my little 18yr old dog finally died. I am one that can't go for long without a canine companion, but it took months to convince Steve that I needed another dog. I found some people about a half hour up the road who had 1 little pup left from a litter they absolutely didn't have any use for. You see Polli is a mutt, and in their eyes, useless. She was kept locked up in a cage in their dark laundry room with no human touch, not even a toy for 3 months. Both the pup and her mother were terrified of the owner. I had never seen a dog cower like that in it's own enviroment. Anyway, I had to get that puppy out of there. Steve was not happy with the prospect of having another dog (the last one didn't like him so much) and so it took another day of cajoling to get him back up there. Finally, much to my delight, he capitulated with "OK but I will not have anything to do with this dog....I will not feed her.....I will not take it to the vet.....etc.etc.This is YOUR dog....remember that!" I agreed. Little Polli threw up on the way home. Twice. She didn't want us to touch her. She ran frantic circles around her new toys. She peed on the floor. I had a few days off and bonded well with Polli. She discovered she liked squeaky toys and drove Steve nuts with her incessant peep, peep, peeping. Then I had to go back to work. I was worried all day that those two had a miserable time together. All for naught. We pulled into the driveway and Steve practically pushed me out of the way to get into the house first. He flung open the door, got down on one knee and I couldn't believe my ears! Here was this dog- hating, mean, mean man calling MY dog...."Where's my baby, where's my baby?" To which Polli came running and jumped into his arms! I mean "REALLY" Since then they have been pretty much inseparable. She sits on his knee with one paw on the steering wheel, while he's driving. She sleeps on his shoulder while he naps on the couch. She even licks his feet every night at bedtime.(yuck) He STOLE my dog! Steve is Polli's hero.....and in reality..............I love it just like it is! Like sands in the hour glass.....!!! I smell a knock down drag out! **calls pastor ASAP** Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted March 17, 2009 Report Share Posted March 17, 2009 i knew he was a wuss all along.... lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Doe-ee Posted March 18, 2009 Author Report Share Posted March 18, 2009 Polly knows who she can trust too. Dogs know these things ya know. :D:D:D (just thought I'd sneak that in there) Ok, maybe calling you a dog hater was a little strong but at least she can trust me to spell her name correctly. It's P-o-l-l-i ..........not P-o-l-l-y. She's sensitive about things like that.:p:p:D:D:D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted March 18, 2009 Report Share Posted March 18, 2009 LOL, that's too funny. We all know Steve has a good heart, that cute little dog couldn't have better owners! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mike13candace Posted March 18, 2009 Report Share Posted March 18, 2009 Thanks for the story.. I could not imagine not having (my) companion "Bear"...LOL:) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted March 18, 2009 Report Share Posted March 18, 2009 Ok, maybe calling you a dog hater was a little strong but at least she can trust me to spell her name correctly. It's P-o-l-l-i ..........not P-o-l-l-y. She's sensitive about things like that.:p:p:D:D:D pol·ly·wog (pl-wg, -wôg) noun. Variant of polliwog. Noun 1. pollywog - a larval frog or toad (polliwog, tadpole) amphibia, class Amphibia - the class of vertebrates that live on land but breed in water; frogs; toads; newts; salamanders; caecilians larva - the immature free-living form of most invertebrates and amphibians and fish which at hatching from the egg is fundamentally unlike its parent and must metamorphose. Thus Polly is a variant of Polli.....OK :D:D Glad we got that settled :D:p Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HCO Team Posted March 18, 2009 Report Share Posted March 18, 2009 This has been a very cute thread!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GWSmith Posted March 18, 2009 Report Share Posted March 18, 2009 Keep it up Buckee...that Chesterfield and you will become close buds:D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.