Swamphunter Posted April 1, 2009 Report Share Posted April 1, 2009 Maybe I am overlooking a feature, but if not here is what I would like to see added to the forums. It is confusing with everyone except the Prostaffers having nicknames, to associate everyones correct name..especially if they are newer members. I wish there was a forum address book viewable only by the member who saves information sent to him. Just a plcae to note the members real name, address, maybe a phone number or whatever other contact a member sent to him. What do you all think? or ya'll from the south or is that suitable eh' for the Canadians Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GWSmith Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 Click on someones username, view public profile, and click on the "About Me" section. If someone wants thier info known to everyone they'll post it there. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted April 2, 2009 Author Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 Click on someones username, view public profile, and click on the "About Me" section. If someone wants thier info known to everyone they'll post it there. Thats not what I am getting at.... I mean like my contact info for guys that have given it to me. Like Shaun and Ranger, Steve and Steve... so I don't have to ask em' for an address everytime I mail him a card or something. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GWSmith Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 Thats not what I am getting at.... I mean like my contact info for guys that have given it to me. Like Shaun and Ranger, Steve and Steve... so I don't have to ask em' for an address everytime I mail him a card or something. Like a Private Blog? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grant-KS Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 GW, I think he means something that isn't accessible by anyone except participating forum members. I signed out, and I could still view Swampy's profile info. In case of anti invasion, or just someone being a jerk, having phone numbers, e-mail/street addresses, etc. available to any person or computer that wants it is not desireable in this day and age. Correct me if I'm wrong Ken. I personally like the idea! I think it'd be cool if a bunch of this info. would be available for actively participating members for times when we may be on the road and passing close to another member's place, and being able to give 'em a call or something for a quick meet and greet, etc. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OJR Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 I think it would open up everything to a whole bunch of hackers! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bowtech_archer07 Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 I think it would open up everything to a whole bunch of hackers! I have to agree. I think that if you want to know somebody's address or phone number, ask them through a PM. If they want you to know, they will tell you, if not they'll tell you to get lost LOL:D I know a few people on here know my name, but b/c I told them. I think the idea is cool Swampy, but I also think there are too many liabilities involved. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GWSmith Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 LOL...You would think a LEO has a few of these laying around:D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 (edited) I use an application we all have on our PC's called "Notepad". I keep all my info in there, and save it in a file on my desktop. If you're not sure where the application is Press "Start" on your desktop Go to "All Programs" and "Accessories" You'll find "Notepad" in there. I keep it in my start menu, because I use it all the time. Edited April 2, 2009 by buckee Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted April 2, 2009 Author Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 I think that if you want to know somebody's address or phone number, ask them through a PM. If they want you to know, they will tell you, if not they'll tell you to get lost Some of you guys are missing my point....I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANY MEMBER PUTTING HIS CONTACT INFORMATION IN A PUBLIC ADDRESS BOOK ACCESSIBLE BY ALL FORUM MEMBERS! Read all of the posts above....! I am saying a place for each individual member to store notes about information other members who chose to give their contact info to him...may, and it can be stored. It's like entering your information on registering for forums, but not visible by anyone but you. Other forums have it, I find it handy... my mistake, bad idea, won't mention it again. I think I like Buckees idea anyhow. Lock it, delete it, whatever.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 Some of you guys are missing my point....I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANY MEMBER PUTTING HIS CONTACT INFORMATION IN A PUBLIC ADDRESS BOOK ACCESSIBLE BY ALL FORUM MEMBERS! Read all of the posts above....! I am saying a place for each individual member to store notes about information other members who chose to give their contact info to him...may, and it can be stored. It's like entering your information on registering for forums, but not visible by anyone but you. Other forums have it, I find it handy... my mistake, bad idea, won't mention it again. I think I like Buckees idea anyhow. Lock it, delete it, whatever.... I get what you are saying Ken. The contacts list from your friends is the closest thing we have to what you are suggesting, but to my knowledge it does not give any options for saving that kind of information. I do have a few members and some of their information in my email address book. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
arrow32 Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 Ken I personally think thats a great idea. Sometimes I have the hardest time remembering names of people when I should know them and that would solve the problem. As for numbers its whatever thatd be nice but forum members I got numbers of are in my phone. But like I said great idea. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RangerClay Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 I have been here 4-1/2 years. Everytime I have received a PM with someones address I have saved it. I have the addresses of most of my friends and few others. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Kat Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 Somebody got butt hurt Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted April 2, 2009 Author Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 Somebody got butt hurt :D Somebody's got "Never suggest anything again in an open forum before consulting a mod", symptoms also... lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Kat Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 Ha, STP Syndrome? Scared to post? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted April 2, 2009 Author Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 Ha, STP Syndrome? Scared to post? ROFLMAO Yeah, something like that Kyle! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ohiobucks Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 LOL...You would think a LEO has a few of these laying around:D Got to agree with Gary here......sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bowtech_archer07 Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 Sorry Swampy, I completely missed your point:o... obviously!! Now that I get what you're saying, that's a good idea. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 Sorry Swampy, I completely missed your point:o... obviously!! Now that I get what you're saying, that's a good idea. Too late...he's too scared to post now :D:D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
toddyboman Posted April 2, 2009 Report Share Posted April 2, 2009 i like the idea too.... However I generally do what Buckee mentioned Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.