RangerClay Posted April 22, 2009 Report Share Posted April 22, 2009 This hoarding of reloaded supplies has got me in a pinch since I do my reloading on a small scale. If anyone has 500-100 large pistols primers (preferably CCI) that they would like to sell please shoot me a PM. Thanks. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted April 22, 2009 Report Share Posted April 22, 2009 Hey Joe, our Gander store last time I was there had plenty of pistol primers, but no rifle primers. Their prices were pretty high though. I can take a look next time I get over that way, but it will probably be a week or so before I get over there again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Strut10 Posted April 23, 2009 Report Share Posted April 23, 2009 Same here. Pistol primers are in pretty decent supply. Forget it if you need rifle primers.....especially standard small rifle primers. Word to the wise.......be careful if you're going to hook up on some primers. Shipping them comes under haz-mat regs and can get a fellers boob in the wringer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted April 23, 2009 Report Share Posted April 23, 2009 Tried checking ups rates for shipping hazardous materials, but never could find anywhere on their site that showed how much the rate is. I know cabelas hit me with a $20 fee for haz mat on my last order, but I ordered 3000 primers and 4 lbs of powder. No state sales tax on cabelas purchases, so actually came out considerably less than buying from local. Will still check our gander store Joe, but it will probably be middle of next week before I can get over there. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Strut10 Posted April 23, 2009 Report Share Posted April 23, 2009 Tried checking ups rates for shipping hazardous materials, but never could find anywhere on their site that showed how much the rate is. You won't, either. Haz-mat can only be shipped by authorized shippers. UPS Stores and UPS customer counters are not even authorized. Not sure how the Post Office handles it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Idaho_ Elk_ Huntr Posted April 24, 2009 Report Share Posted April 24, 2009 Send the through the mail and get caught and you will be spending your nights with Bubba. Im sure it will result in felony charges. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted April 24, 2009 Report Share Posted April 24, 2009 You won't, either. Haz-mat can only be shipped by authorized shippers. UPS Stores and UPS customer counters are not even authorized. Not sure how the Post Office handles it. Some of those rules are similar for firearms if I am not mistaken, but UPS will do one time pickups of firearms. Kind of assumed you could ship haz mats so long as you paid a fee. Obvious I assumed wrong. Do ups centers or hubs accept them Don? USPS website really did not have good info either, have not looked at fed x. If you are still having trouble finding them, maybe you can order some Joe. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Strut10 Posted April 26, 2009 Report Share Posted April 26, 2009 Do ups centers or hubs accept them Don? No. UPS Stores and hub/center customer counters will not accept haz-mat. You have to have a haz-mat approved pickup account of your own and there are very few places that have those. I run a mostly commercial route in a town of around 20,000. I have between 45 and 55 daily pickup stops each day and none of them are haz-mat approved. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sskybnd Posted May 2, 2009 Report Share Posted May 2, 2009 http://fedex.com/us/services/options/hazmat/accepted.html Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.