preacherman Posted May 30, 2009 Report Share Posted May 30, 2009 I know that it has probably been asked before, but how hard/easy is it to place and sell something on e-bay. Is it expensive to do? I have never tried this; but have an item that I need to get rid of that would probably sell better on e-bay. Any suggestions/warnings? Thanks Scott Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Turkeygirl Posted May 30, 2009 Report Share Posted May 30, 2009 My sister has done...I've never done it but I think my sister said it was fairly easy maybe...I think Ebay took a small commission fee out of whatever the item went for money wise... I might be wrong... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted May 30, 2009 Report Share Posted May 30, 2009 I've sold a few things on Ebay. Cost a little, but some stuff would never sell unless I put it on there. Text or call if you want brother Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
terry264 Posted May 30, 2009 Report Share Posted May 30, 2009 Preacherman,,,,cheaperthandirt.com has an auction site also and it's FREE. Check it out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redkneck Posted May 30, 2009 Report Share Posted May 30, 2009 It's pretty easy all in all, but your first time can be a bit of a learning curve. I've bought and sold on there for years. You'll lose around 10-20% or so of the sale price by the time ebay and paypal get their cut. Like Finn said, you can give me a call anytime and I'll give you a leg up. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RangerClay Posted May 30, 2009 Report Share Posted May 30, 2009 Archerytalk and Camospace also have free auction rooms. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
texastrophies Posted May 30, 2009 Report Share Posted May 30, 2009 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270400085094 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
preacherman Posted May 31, 2009 Author Report Share Posted May 31, 2009 Thanks Jeff! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sskybnd Posted May 31, 2009 Report Share Posted May 31, 2009 if your selling on ebay your on the good side:rolleyes: if your buying something, in my opion you have a 50/50 chance of getting the stuff you buy. i got took for a 1961 proff set of coins that i won and payied for,after showing e-bay the copy of the money order i sent, they said they were sorry that the seller didnt honor their end of the deal, but there was nothing they could do about it.. never will i buy some thing from e-bay again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redkneck Posted May 31, 2009 Report Share Posted May 31, 2009 if your selling on ebay your on the good side:rolleyes: if your buying something, in my opion you have a 50/50 chance of getting the stuff you buy. i got took for a 1961 proff set of coins that i won and payied for,after showing e-bay the copy of the money order i sent, they said they were sorry that the seller didnt honor their end of the deal, but there was nothing they could do about it.. never will i buy some thing from e-bay again. I've made about 40 purchases on ebay and not once had a bad experience. Only once was I somewhat disappointed. All in all I've saved hundreds of dollars buying things from microwaves to motorcycles. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted May 31, 2009 Report Share Posted May 31, 2009 i've bought and sold on ebay. mostly bought real cheap. i never had a bad experience yet, but i am aware of all the scams going on. just be careful. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.