Griz Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 (edited) I nearly busted a gut watching this... I sure wish I had a video camera with me last week. I needed up catching a big Sow and 3 little piglets in the trap... A buddy of mine wanted to keep the piglets and rise them, so he shows up with a small crate to put them in... As we were loading everything up so we could load the Hog I asked my Buddy how he was going to catch them... His words...Well I was going to get in side the trap with'em and just reach down and pick them up... Hmmmm! I said....You Think!!! You no Brain those little boogers have some nasty little teeth and can tear you up if they get a hold of you... My Buddy...Well then I'll just put on these Welding Gloves they can't bite threw these... So I just shock my head and said Ok... So we get to the trap and got the Sow loaded into the trailer. (Brian) My Buddy puts on the Welding gloves and gets inside the trap with these little bitty piglets thinking that this is going to be a snap... Well the 3 little piglets piled up in a corner when Brian got in the trap. As he reached down to grab the first one that little booger spun around and grabbed Brains Thumb. At this time he starts screamin' "I FILL TEETH"... Mean while Brain is shacking his hand trying to get the piglet to let loose. As he is doing this the other 2 went into attack mode and was after his ankles. So here's Brian jumpin' and spinnin' around trying to get rid of the one that has his thumb and stay away from the other 2. Now the whole time Brian is in this trap he is bent over, cause the trap is only 4 foot tall... So just picture a guy that's 5'-10" at 220lbs. in a trap that is 4'x4'x8'long bent over trying to catch these little boogers... Well needless to say I was givin' Brain all kinds of support by Laughin' and sayin' "Get'em...Get'em"...While I'm rollin' on the ground... It was the funniest dad gum thing I have ever seen in my life... I would have gave anything to had that on video... Once we got the 3 caught and Brian came out of the trap. He looked like he had been rolled down a hill... You can not imagine how nasty these things are and just how quick they are to... Oh...On a good note...Brians thumb was just fine...LOL... Just had to share this story with yall... I sure got a kick out of it and I hope yall do to... Dale... Edited July 3, 2009 by Griz Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
KirkV Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 That had to be good to see Griz. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redkneck Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 I gave my buddy a little pig out of a trap about 2 years ago. He took it home, and before long it was the family pet, running up the driveway to meet them when they came home. Finally it started staying away longer and longer getting more wild, and ended up with a cell phone call with my buddy bowhunting in the woods........"daddy, do you want me to kill Pork Chop?" He couldnt quite bare to shoot it, but a neighbor did a few weeks later. THE END. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rhino Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 ROFLMBO Dale. That is just tooooo funny. Dang...where's the cameraman when you really need him? You can not imagine how nasty these things are and just how quick they are to... Oh yes I can. We have our share of Russians down here along with a few traps too. If I had been there my jaws and gut would have hurt so bad from laughing I would have been useless after it was over. I have several very memorable funny stories to go with running those pig traps but we never had anyone brave enough to get in the trap to catch piglets yet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ohiobucks Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 Oh man Dale, that is too funny!! I would pay a full $20 to see something like that! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HunterLuke Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 haha, That sounds like it would have been something fun to watch. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griz Posted July 3, 2009 Author Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 Pic of the Piglets...LOL... Here's a pic of 2 of them... The nasty little demans...LOL... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Doe-ee Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 Great story. Very funny. The pig on the left looks a lot like a little bear cub at that angle. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clrj3514 Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 thats funny stuff Dale Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OJR Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 Good story! I would have had 3 little piglets for a BBQ and forget about raising them! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tink Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 Bestest BuddiesPet piggy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Randy Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 Great story Dale! LMBO Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HUNTINGMAN Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 That would have been one to get on film for sure. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hoosierhunter Posted July 3, 2009 Report Share Posted July 3, 2009 Go figure I leave and then they decide to come out and play. I'm laughing just seeing that mental picture of your buddy....Have a good one, Hoosier Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted July 4, 2009 Report Share Posted July 4, 2009 That is funny Dale, you need to carry a camera with you buddy. Glad Brian's thumb was ok. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RangerClay Posted July 4, 2009 Report Share Posted July 4, 2009 Does the piglet on the right have blood in the corner of his mouth? That is a great story. Thanks for sharing it.:rockon: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rockadj27 Posted July 4, 2009 Report Share Posted July 4, 2009 Griz, thanks for the big laugh!! Wish I could have seen it live. Your avatar makes me laugh whenever I see it too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griz Posted July 4, 2009 Author Report Share Posted July 4, 2009 Glad yall got a kick out of it...I no I sure did when it happened...I still laugh every time I think about it... Ranger I can say for sure it's not Brians Blood...LOL... Well folks I hope yall have a Safe and Happy 4th I'm off to spend the day with some friends and to shoot off some fireworks... Oh yeah... And on a side note I'm taking some Smoked Pork to eat on today... Just pulled it out of the oven and it's ready to go.... See yall soon... Have a good one... Dale... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.