Rem308 Posted July 20, 2009 Report Share Posted July 20, 2009 (edited) I posted a while back about a good ride that I had with my old, trusty Mountain bike. That was actually my farewell ride to the Diamondback, because I ended up treating myself to a new upgrade, a Trek 6500 Disc. I have had it and ridden heavy for a month now and finally wanted to share a few pics and my take on it. For those of you who told me to go ahead and buy it, that I wouldn't regret it....you were right. And for those that said I wouldn't believe the difference in technology from my old bike to the new one, yes you were right too. Now I still love my Diamondback, but this Trek is something else. The best thing I can say about the bike is that it climbs like a billy goat. It's lightweight and the geometry just works out to keep that back wheel planted and you can pump those long inclines out. It's nimble and easy to keep control. Today I rode 9.25 miles with a friend on some nearby trails, lots of HEAVY climbing, but they reward you with half a mile of steep, white-knuckled descent. Most of it is nice rolling singletrack that has a few steep descents thrown in, you're not focusing on pedaling, you're focusing on keeping the bike under control while braking! Well, I realize this isn't a Mountain biking forum, so I'll spare you all the details, but this trip was amazing. Edited July 20, 2009 by Rem308 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redkneck Posted July 20, 2009 Report Share Posted July 20, 2009 Looks like a lot of fun, but I'm afraid I'd need oxygen after one mile! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rem308 Posted July 20, 2009 Author Report Share Posted July 20, 2009 Looks like a lot of fun, but I'm afraid I'd need oxygen after one mile! The climb to the top of the hill is rough...but once you are there, you get to enjoy the trip over and down the other side. Which is a MUCH Faster trip than the trip up! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
backwoods07 Posted July 20, 2009 Report Share Posted July 20, 2009 Biking is a good time! We have some insane trails by our house. Pretty sweet bike ya got there! I'm still ridin a Schwin Moab II from like 5 years ago. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OJR Posted July 20, 2009 Report Share Posted July 20, 2009 Looks like a great time. Enjoy! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kidd Posted July 20, 2009 Report Share Posted July 20, 2009 that is cool...we have some great trails here in northern indiana.....ride every day...good times.....specialized hard rock:) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alisha Posted July 20, 2009 Report Share Posted July 20, 2009 Looks like you had a great time! As clumsy and non-coordinated as I am... I would probably wreck every 5 feet. :clown: Riding a regular bike on flat pavement is hard for me at times. LOL. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clrj3514 Posted July 20, 2009 Report Share Posted July 20, 2009 that looks like fun, but challenging Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HUNTINGMAN Posted July 20, 2009 Report Share Posted July 20, 2009 Nice upgrade,you gotta love those disk brakes.Did you get the hydrolic or the mechenical disk,the forks look sweet also are they rock shox? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rem308 Posted July 21, 2009 Author Report Share Posted July 21, 2009 Nice upgrade,you gotta love those disk brakes.Did you get the hydrolic or the mechenical disk,the forks look sweet also are they rock shox? Yes, it's hydraulic discs w/ mineral oil reservoir...smooth braking and lots of control. The fork is a rock shox toro dt, which is 100mm. My previous bike had a Suntour w/ 60mm of travel, so I'm really liking the extra suspension. The best thing that I can say is probably the braking, I just have so much more control when riding, one of the trails is just one serious switchback after another, all of which are so steep you're balancing over your back wheel w/ the seat up by your stomach...but w/ the controlled braking you are at least able to maneuver through it. I need to get some photos of this trail, it's pretty cool to see. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kidd Posted July 21, 2009 Report Share Posted July 21, 2009 good tymes.....picts would be cool Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.