birdhunter39 Posted August 9, 2009 Report Share Posted August 9, 2009 has anyone heard of the ghost pepper ?? it also goes by the name naga jolokia pepper . they are org. from India Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
camoman1 Posted August 9, 2009 Report Share Posted August 9, 2009 Yep, Ive heard of them....but you wont find me eating any of them..LOL. I like spicy food, but I heard they are ridiculously hotter than a habenero.:jaw: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
birdhunter39 Posted August 9, 2009 Author Report Share Posted August 9, 2009 i was watching it on youtube , but there was way too much adult content to post it in here . it's suppose to be 2 to 3 times hotter then the habanero . thats just way too hot for me as well .yet i'm still want to try it . i think next year i want to try and grow them for some crazy reason . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hammer Posted August 10, 2009 Report Share Posted August 10, 2009 Yep I have heard of it. There is a burger called the 4 Horseman burger. It has Hot sause, habanero, ghost peppers,and 2 others peppers that are hot! All together that is a HOT burger!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jaw: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted August 10, 2009 Report Share Posted August 10, 2009 Have I heard of it, yes. Have I tried it, no. I do like habanero sauce, no need for me for anything hotter. Usually use habanero on my enchiladas when we go to the little authentic mexican restaurants. Our red cayenne chilis and the jalapenos I let turn from that dark black green are plenty warm enough for me for what we cook. The pepper scale(scoville) for rating heat I kind of think is a little off on where it ranks some peppers. Have been told that the jalapenos we grow are much hotter than what folks expect from jalapenos. They are probably about as warm as our red cayennes when we let the jalapenos turn. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HUNTINGMAN Posted August 10, 2009 Report Share Posted August 10, 2009 I think they said on that show man vs food that the ghost pepper was the hottest pepper there was. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted August 10, 2009 Report Share Posted August 10, 2009 I think they said on that show man vs food that the ghost pepper was the hottest pepper there was. Here is the scale http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redkneck Posted August 10, 2009 Report Share Posted August 10, 2009 Interesting link there. I've heard of ghost peppers, but never knew what they were. I see the Datil pepper is on there too. Someone brought a variety pack of "datil-doit" sauce to the camp last year. Was pretty good, about as hot as tobasco sauce. I'm with William, when my jalapenos start turning blueish and cayenne turn red, that's hot enough for me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.