WIwhitetailhunter Posted August 28, 2009 Report Share Posted August 28, 2009 Today was the first day of sixteen days the state of WI is making me take off without pay. The governor instituted that all WI state employees take 16 furlough days over the next two years. Seems that WI's budget needs some fixing and this is Gov. Doyle's solution to save a buck or two. One down...15 to go! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
c_lou Posted August 28, 2009 Report Share Posted August 28, 2009 I shudder to think what this state will do next without the Federal Porkulus Money. On the plus side, I am giddy as a school girl that Dorkle won't be running for Gov. again. I am on the Buffalo County Board and next week is going to be ****. We have to try to come up with quite a hefty reduction in budgets. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted August 29, 2009 Report Share Posted August 29, 2009 darn. can't you at LEAST do that during hunting season? do the liberals have no heart or brain? that's pretty tough. sorry. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tim Andrus Posted August 29, 2009 Report Share Posted August 29, 2009 NYS did that to state corrections about 15 years ago ( 5 days) we took them to court and won.. then it took about 3 years to get the money back but with intrest might wanna talk to a union official Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Randy Posted August 29, 2009 Report Share Posted August 29, 2009 I took my first one on Wednesday. It's actually a 3.64% paycut this year. Look at the brightside bud, We get a .64% raise next year with only a 3% cut. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted August 29, 2009 Report Share Posted August 29, 2009 that's a pretty negative "bright" side. but, at least your not one of the 17% of the nations unemployed. yes, 17% Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tim Andrus Posted August 30, 2009 Report Share Posted August 30, 2009 add on when they did it to us we didnt get day off just lost a days pay 5 times We just settled our contract 3 years behind than they pay us back pay and tax the #$## out of it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nut Posted August 30, 2009 Report Share Posted August 30, 2009 I'll trade with ya guys anytime. I am a full time job seeker. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OJR Posted August 30, 2009 Report Share Posted August 30, 2009 Keep in mind you still have a JOB! It looks like we are not going to a COLA for either SS or VA pensions. If that is the case, so be it and we will survive! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hunterbobb Posted August 30, 2009 Report Share Posted August 30, 2009 I took my first one on Wednesday. It's actually a 3.64% paycut this year. Look at the brightside bud, We get a .64% raise next year with only a 3% cut. Randy you know darn well that all it means is more time in the tree stand. If you were a real friend you'd let me hunt in your tree stand. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluelund79 Posted August 31, 2009 Report Share Posted August 31, 2009 Forced days off without pay? Wow, I really need to watch the news. Hope you guys overcome it. Almost as much fun as the county where I live deciding to build a bypass through the backyard a year early. Didn't figure to stay where I was at past that so we went for it. 1 month later, my country living is invaded by earth moving equipment ONE YEAR EARLY from 0500 until 1900-2000 daily (and most saturdays) My family loves that... And I lost some primo hunting in the backyard, others lost family homesteads and dream homes. Sorry I jacked the thread, but reading what WI is doing makes me mad...Wife has a great idea of moving to TX BEFORE retirement. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.