Few thoughts


arrow32

Recommended Posts

I just got to get this out there. It don't make difference to me if you read it or not:D

This guy dieing just a year older than me has really got me thinking yeah I wasn't close to him or anything by no means but dang. I know you can go any time and I ain't afraid of dieing heck its just another thing in life when it happens it happens. But it really just slows me down now I live day by day anyway not to worried about tomorrow its just getting cut short the way he did really just won't get off my mind. I can't even study for a test I have tomorrow. I'm hoping getting this out there helps me out. I'm not sure if its just because I'm worried what Shelby will end up doing or what. I just want to be with her at the moment. My mind is going a thousand directions. You live and you die thats about the one thing that is for sure in life you can get out of it.

I don't know....I'm going to try and study. My mind is just out there right now I can't concentrate(sp?) on anything right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you're suffering the shock of someone dieing, who is your age. you always thought it was for old folks, but it isn't. it's one of the realities of life. for over 40 years, i've never once left home without kissing my wife goodby, like it was our last kiss ever because it might have been. think about that when you say goodby to anyone. it may really be good by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

By the time I was 35 years old Cody, I had lost at least 20 friends and acquaintances that I went to school with. Most were drug related in some way and some were alcohol related. Only a couple were from just weird accidents. If nothing else, it did help me realize the priorities in my life, and I realized that partying was not one of them. Facing life head-on, with your head on is the only way to go.

God had a lot to do with my turn around. When I came to the realization that all my friends had died senseless, early deaths because of the life they lead and then realized that a man like Jesus died (an innocent man) just so that I could live a good life, that was enough for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two things are certain in life, death and taxes. We know when we pay taxes but have no idea when our time will be up here on this earth. We can only live our lives to the fullest and keep our trust in One who is all-knowing. Worry is just another tool that the devil uses to bring us down. Keep your chin up and just live life the safest and best way you can. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've lost two friends this WEEK. The first, a fishing buddy had a brainstem stroke at 45 and died a week later. The second, was a friend and co-worker who was 51. One buried Friday and the other Saturday. They are a little older than I am but close enough.

Secret to life...

First and foremost, know Christ as your savior. Everything else is immaterial...if you don't or need help PM me.

Beyond that:

1) Let the people you love know that you do and make sure you never part ways angry, even if it means swallowing your pride.

2) Go walk a cemetary and look at the graves....long and short. Some didn't make it to your buddy's age.

3) Life life, enjoy every second, but just as the scout motto 'leave no trace' leave behind no hard feelings or unsaid nice things.

We aren't promised a next breath, there are people in ICU right now at hospitals and every single one could outlast me.

Having said all of that, the grief you feel is a natural emotion...embrace it and learn something from it. Use it to make yourself better.

Live a clean life and leave no regrets. Live every day as if it is your last day on the earth because one day it will be.

New

Edited by Newarcher
Link to comment
Share on other sites

By the time I was 35 years old Cody, I had lost at least 20 friends and acquaintances that I went to school with. Most were drug related in some way and some were alcohol related. Only a couple were from just weird accidents. If nothing else, it did help me realize the priorities in my life, and I realized that partying was not one of them. Facing life head-on, with your head on is the only way to go.

God had a lot to do with my turn around. When I came to the realization that all my friends had died senseless, early deaths because of the life they lead and then realized that a man like Jesus died (an innocent man) just so that I could live a good life, that was enough for me.

When I gave my life to Jesus I was no longer afraid to die and I no longer had to use drugs or alcohol. That was 22 years ago. My life is good now and the people around me don't do weird or dangerous things anymore. But I still ride a motorcycle year round.:D

mark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I live one day at a time and I have never had any fear of dying!

I was given 3 days to live when I was 20 years old. I made it! LOL!!

When it happens, it happens! Just as simple as that! I don't worry about my life ending. I live and take what I get in life. Pretty simple!

No I don't believe in ANY religion!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I live one day at a time and I have never had any fear of dying!

I was given 3 days to live when I was 20 years old. I made it! LOL!!

When it happens, it happens! Just as simple as that! I don't worry about my life ending. I live and take what I get in life. Pretty simple!

No I don't believe in ANY religion!

I am with you, no faith in religion at all. Religion is man-made and will let you down each time. We get it wrong, we misinterpret.

I put my faith in Christ.

Two thieves, one on each side, hung beside him. One mocked him.....the other realized who Christ was and realized that he (the thief) was getting what he deserved. He simply asked Christ to think about him when he got to heaven and Christ did one better, he saved him. Christ said it in his own words, "Verily I say until you, today you will be with me in Paradise".

Complete plan of salvation confirmed by Christ himself. No room for misinterpretation by man.

No baptism (although that's the first step of outward profession and obedience once saved). No works. No Mary. He didn't earn it, he didn't deserve it, but he got it.

That's a beautiful passage.

New

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We lost a son at age 19 in a car accident while he was away at college. No drugs , no alcohol just a stupid careless driver and our son was gone. So, our routine changed that day. We live each day to the fullest. I do agree that Christ in your heart is all that you need. Christ never gives us more than we can handle.

Try to think of positive things and what you can do to live your life to the fullest each day. Spend time with your family.

Edited by RTPROFamily
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Things like this puts things in perspective don't it.... Appreciate each day you have but at the same time you cannot spend each day worrying about when "your time will come"...only God knows...it's pointless to worry....I should know, I tend to worry about dumb things.

While at college getting my B.S. degree....one of my professors, for biology, had a heart attack the first week and died...shocker....Then sophomore year, a girl on the college basketball team was killed in a car accident. I didn't really know these people personally, but I respected them and it hurt. This past spring though, on Good Friday, a young girl, who had been a camper then volunteer camper at camp, only 17, was killed in a car accident...on the road I traveled each day to nursing school. Very sad and it still hruts, not as much...but I knew this person and it was just a dumb, freak accident. Times like this we don't know the answer to Why...we just have to have faith and trust in the Lord.

"Ours isn ot to reason why...ours is to do and die".

Be in the world but not of the world.

Hope you can get your studying done...it's hard and I know...when the young girl from camp was killed...I struggled with studying nursing for a few weeks...first time I really failed a nursing test was during that first week. Just do what ya can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.