NiteRunner Posted October 1, 2009 Report Share Posted October 1, 2009 Who would have thought that just standing by your mailbox could be dangerous? Here I was today getting the mail like normal. Made it across, got a hunting magazine, and as I turn to go back there's a van coming down the road (right side of the road our box is on the left). They were going slower than normal, but I thought it best to wait to cross. So I flip open my magazine and do a quick flip of some pages while I wait. Next thing I know the vans front end is cruising right past me. They came into the other lane and drove within 1 or 2 feet of me. Put it this way, I could have reached my arm out and easily touched their vehicle. As soon as they got past me they went back into their lane. Not sure if they meant to do that or what, but I'm going to be watching for their vehicle. Could have been some smarty kid or just someone that wanted to make a point of me not paying attention to cars coming down the road. I hate to stare at people as they drive past, but I guess I need to now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
backwoods07 Posted October 1, 2009 Report Share Posted October 1, 2009 Sheesh. Thank God you're ok. I hope they didn't do it on purpose. Playing with someone's life like that is a little too much. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
arrow32 Posted October 1, 2009 Report Share Posted October 1, 2009 I don't trust hardly anyone driving down the road when I'm standing or walking down the road. Way to many morons out there anymore who don't think. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ruttinbuc Posted October 1, 2009 Report Share Posted October 1, 2009 That is reckless as far as I am concerned. I'd be looking for a license plate and calling a cop. Smarty kid or whoever. Glad you didn't make a move to cross the road. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
layin on the smackdown Posted October 1, 2009 Report Share Posted October 1, 2009 if i were you, I'd be happy to give them an earful if you see em again...regardless if its kids jacking around, or someone not paying attention, it is STUPID!!! you just don't do stuff like that. glad you are ok. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted October 1, 2009 Report Share Posted October 1, 2009 Man, that is just sick. You're heart must have been in your throat. Sure glad nothing serious happened. Yeah, I'd watch out for them too and others from now on. It is not a safe world anymore. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
woolybear Posted October 1, 2009 Report Share Posted October 1, 2009 Careful NR. I should talk, got hit by a truck last winter. Somehow managed to get tossed over the gaurdrail into a snowdrift and walked away with some sore ribs and the wind knocked out of me a mile from home at the time. Fool never even stopped. Glad your good and all in one piece. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NiteRunner Posted October 2, 2009 Author Report Share Posted October 2, 2009 I'm not going to be trusting anyone in a vehicle now. Especially anyone in a purple dodge/chrysler van. I got to thinking about it when I was in my stand, and why I still think it was intentional because of the way they went right back into their lane after passing me, it could have been someone falling asleep at the wheel, drugged up, drinking, what have you. I was more mad when it happened, after thinking about it then it got scarey. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RangerClay Posted October 2, 2009 Report Share Posted October 2, 2009 I know you were shook up but I would have jumped in my truck and took off after them to get a license #. Glad to hear that you are ok. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.