DocMort Posted October 15, 2009 Report Share Posted October 15, 2009 So guys I am thinking about getting a new puppy. I am between a chocolate lab and a Chessie. I have 2 chocolate labs back in ny that live with my parents just wondering what everyones thoughts are on chessies. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hammerforged Posted October 15, 2009 Report Share Posted October 15, 2009 Chessies are fantastic dogs, I would have a very hard time choosing between a Lab or a Chessie, but being from Virginia would probably lean toward the Chessie. I Dove hunt with a good friend in Abilene, Texas who has a Chessie that is a great retriever, Jana has never failed to bring back the birds for us. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DocMort Posted October 15, 2009 Author Report Share Posted October 15, 2009 That was my thinking i might not be able to choose until I look at the puppy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
coles Posted October 15, 2009 Report Share Posted October 15, 2009 Chessies are known to be a one man dog. They supposedly get protective around little kids and such. That might be something to check into. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DocMort Posted October 15, 2009 Author Report Share Posted October 15, 2009 I will look into that for sure. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
archerjg Posted October 15, 2009 Report Share Posted October 15, 2009 I am on my second Chessie and would not trade for a lab for any amount of money in the world. Chessies are very good dogs and they will take to more than one owner, but they have their preferred owner as well. They are very good with kids and very protective of kids too. They can be a little hard headed (block of concrete comes to mind), but they are very willing a loving dogs. Archerjg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DocMort Posted October 16, 2009 Author Report Share Posted October 16, 2009 Archer I am looking for a good breeder from Maryland south you know anyone? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GWSmith Posted October 16, 2009 Report Share Posted October 16, 2009 Hey Doc...This dont have anything to do with what you seem to be looking for but... Did'nt your avatar used to be of a "Blue Tick Hound"??? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted October 16, 2009 Report Share Posted October 16, 2009 That was my thinking i might not be able to choose until I look at the puppy. well, that settles it. the first pup you look at will be the one.....:pop: lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DocMort Posted October 16, 2009 Author Report Share Posted October 16, 2009 Gary Yeah it did used to be a blue tick, that is what we used to hunt before I joined the Army. No Steve I hate to break this to you but I will have to look at more than just one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted October 16, 2009 Report Share Posted October 16, 2009 Maybe this will help you decide...LOL Good luck eh ..LOL..Heck, I want both now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DocMort Posted October 16, 2009 Author Report Share Posted October 16, 2009 I know thats the problem, is I want both of them which would be no problem but I live in a decent sized apartment so I will wait for both until i get my house. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.