mossyhorn Posted December 28, 2009 Report Share Posted December 28, 2009 I was out walking the hills with my dad and little brother when I came across a tree stand. I dont know who it belongs to but it has been used a lot. They are going only about 9-10 feet up and it is really thick in the area. About 10 yards away is something white, it looks like one of those things kite string is on, with red stuff, looks like meat loaf, on it. What are these people hunting? I plan on findng out who it is being this is my uncles land and to my knowledge nobody should have a stand up there other then what we have hung. But if they are killing yotes then more power to them. I also found a small strip of a blue towel hanging from a tree. Any thoughts? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Kid Posted December 28, 2009 Report Share Posted December 28, 2009 if its meat i would think some kind of predator?? or Big foot??:gunsmilie::jaw::robot::gun2::alien: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Turkeygirl Posted December 28, 2009 Report Share Posted December 28, 2009 WEIRD...blow towel to find the stand maybe...the kite thing though...makes no sense,lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mossyhorn Posted December 28, 2009 Author Report Share Posted December 28, 2009 Turns out it is yote bait. I asked guy that hunts them at work today what bait looked like and he told me it looks like red puddy with chucks in it and comes on a plastic stick to hang it. Sounds right to me. So I guess someone is doing me a favor by killing them off and now my uncles chicken are safer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted December 29, 2009 Report Share Posted December 29, 2009 i'd still find out who it is and tell him to advise when he is there. you have liability problems to consider and trespassing is still trespassing. hunters should always ask. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TreeStandBowHunter Posted December 29, 2009 Report Share Posted December 29, 2009 (edited) Yeah I agree, whether they are doing your uncle a favor or not, they are still trespassing, therefore, are in the wrong. I would at least say something to them and call them out on it. Then what I would do is find someone else to hunt yotes on the property if they are that much of a problem to the chickens, not someone who is dishonest, which are those people who trespass. Just my opnion. Whose to say they won't start shooting deer next:) Edited December 29, 2009 by TreeStandBowHunter Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeramie Posted December 29, 2009 Report Share Posted December 29, 2009 or Big foot?? Thats my guess.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted December 29, 2009 Report Share Posted December 29, 2009 Sounds like you may need to check with your uncle and make sure the person is supposed to be there. Maybe a bit of miscommunication, but like Steve says need to be sure the person is supposed to be there for liability reasons as well as knowing there is a possibility they may be somewhere on the property while you are deer hunting. If the person has no permission and it were me they would get told they should have asked first and told not to come back. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.