Gator Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 The following are some pics of the damage the ice storm did to my trees. As you can see, I got lucky on the ones in the front yard, they BARELY missed my house, but then not so lucky on the ones on the camper. Gonna be a busy spring cutting all this up, it's just to wet to even think about starting now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MCH Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 You're probably going to need some help cutting those limbs up.....so when it comes time to get started, make sure you give Trey a call!:D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeramie Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 Yep, that looks familiar. We had that happent last year and the year before. Luckily all we got was snow this round. Sorry to see it Jason! Last year I just took a front end loader, pushed it all up in a big pile, poured on some fuel, and torched it. The year before I tried to cut it up and such and I still have two huge piles of wood left over from that mess. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gator Posted February 4, 2010 Author Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 (edited) You're probably going to need some help cutting those limbs up.....so when it comes time to get started, make sure you give Trey a call!:D I was thinkin free firewood for anyone that showed up, don't you have a fireplace????:hammer1::bang: BYOB by the way to!!! The bigger stuff I will save for hunt camp, and to burn around here once in awhile. The rest is going into a big pile to be torched at my earliest convenience. Edited February 4, 2010 by Gator Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
okiedog Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 You're probably going to need some help cutting those limbs up.....so when it comes time to get started, make sure you give Trey a call!:D I knew the end to this statement the moment I started reading it..lol. I will for sure go up and help when things decided to dry up. I have more damage to my yard from having to drive on it than I have from trees. Moving generators around the house sure has tore up my yard.:bang: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jbeck Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 I'm trying to decide if it is worth my trip to Oklahoma for free fire wood. Lets see gas a 270 per gallon, fuel oil at 190 per gallon, nope sorry I think I'll stay home:hammer1: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 That's one heck of a way to get your trees pruned. Looks like you've got your work cut out for you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 Man that ice is destructive, isn't it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Turkeygirl Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 Wow...so lucky they didn't hit the house... Looks like you have the makings for a Realtree forums bonfire,lol! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
okiedog Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 I want to see the pictures of the power pole broke in half!:ninja: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hunt or be Hunted Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 I just had a big flash back from the past 2 years, but last year was BAD!!!!, with 3 inches of ice it really sounded like a war zone with all the trees breaking, you heard popping EVERYWHERE!, just thinking that one is gonna hit our house. Glad no one got hurt Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gator Posted February 4, 2010 Author Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 I want to see the pictures of the power pole broke in half!:ninja: I'll see what I can do. And pics of my eletrical engineering that I did to get power back, bet some would LOVE to see that, LOL!!!!:ninja: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
muggs Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 Wow, crazy stuff. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Diamond Archer 01 Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 That is some crazy stuff! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 Good luck with getting the mess cleaned up Jason. Can relate to it being too wet to do anything for sure. We were lucky here last weekend, got mostly snow. It is raining here now though, likely to change over at some point and also likely to be flooding again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BigDog Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 thats what it looked liked here last winter. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Prairiepredator Posted February 4, 2010 Report Share Posted February 4, 2010 Wow, you got quite the mess in your yard! Just a good thing no one got hurt. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted February 5, 2010 Report Share Posted February 5, 2010 Dang! Looks like our 2008 ice storm. Hope everything gets back to normal soon! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.