MrWiggely

Members
  • Posts

    1362
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MrWiggely

  1. Re: For you Motor Junkies [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] Wiggs, around here a good running big block would go for $500-$700. [/ QUOTE ] I think I need to make a trip up there with a flatbed truck and a pocket full of cash!! You're looking at twice that in these parts........even with them 1987 throw-away "smog heads". [/ QUOTE ] Well come on up Strut, I will wait for ya!
  2. Re: WHAT TO DO????????? practice outside, it always sounds better. If it still sounds terrible, your probably ok, some of the worst turkey call I have ever heard came from real hens. Wigs
  3. Re: Gander Mountain just lost a customer. [ QUOTE ] Just got to keep climbing the ladder til you reach the right height. [/ QUOTE ] You got that right! Wigs
  4. Re: Best opening morning ever!! (pic) Congrats, that is a day worth remembering! Wigs
  5. Re: NYer\'s - Question [ QUOTE ] Last night I was at the rifle club, and evryone I was talking to said that the tom's are really strutting and showing there stuff here in NY. I just read Turkeygirl's post and everyone else seems to agree. They also said they are starting to split up. So my question is, Is are seaon here in NY too late. It seems the last two years, by the time the season opens everything has quieted down. Wouldn't it be better to have the dates, say from April 15th through May 15th ?. Just curious, I am not a turkey expert by any means and would like your opinions. [/ QUOTE ] I don't think so Jim. Down here the birds usually start mating around the end of April which makes the begining of season tough some times. But it also makes the second and third week of season some wild times hunting. I find 2nd-3rd week to be the best nearly every year. At least this way the birds have mated or at least some of them have, before we hit the woods and start taking mature toms from the hens. That is just my opinion though. If I can get you down here this year you will have action. Wigs
  6. Re: For you Motor Junkies Thanks Gator I will look around and see what I can find
  7. Re: tight wad [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] 50 was good with around 20-25 kills and 60 had 9 in the head and neck. Last year i shot the heavy shot #6 out of a undertaker but this year i got a benelli SBE and i got best results with win sup 3 1/2 #6. Shane [/ QUOTE ] Just remember............ #6 shot kills paper a lot cleaner at 50 and 60 yards than it does gobblers. [/ QUOTE ] Amen to that.
  8. Re: Me and John Kerry! Awe come on I have met and spoke with him before. He's not a bad guy. A little nuts maybe, but hey so is Buckee. Wigs
  9. I have a 1987 1 ton dump (rusted out terrible) that I am going to parts out. Now it has a 1987 454 with 56K on it that runs like a top. How would I figure out what to ask for this engine? Also Im not sure if the hydrolics are something that I should pull out and sell also. They work great for the dump and the 8' plow on the front. What do you all think? Im open to suggestions. Wigs
  10. Re: First bird Congratulations. That's a nice looking fryer you got there. Makes me envious since I still have to wait until May to go out. Wigs
  11. Re: Roost Trees Look for large trees with long limbs on the ridge tops. A good sign is piles of turkey poop all around the tree on the ground. WIgs
  12. Re: Here\'s one for you mechanics out there my bet is on a ground wire to the pump. I have had this happen on a few different vehicles. Cranks like mad but does not fire. Plenty of gas in it too. Check all ground wires from the pump. WIgs
  13. Re: Newly Re-fletched! I have shot all white for years. Only this year did I add orange feathers to the white wraps. Couldn't find white feathers. Look great! Wigs
  14. Re: **Triple death in Illinois***** Congrats to the young men. I am sure that is a day they will never forget. Wigs
  15. Re: Arrow wraps on camo arrows?? Yup did mine this year
  16. Re: I played guide. . . Nice bird there! I have to agree, if the birds don't work for ya first thing in the morning, 9:30-11:00 am is just about perfect timing for us! Wigs
  17. Re: Lots of Doe [ QUOTE ] black bears take just as many too..it aint just the yotes [/ QUOTE ] Not around here they don't. Our black bear population, as small as it is may take a few, but nothing to this degree.
  18. Re: Lots of Doe [ QUOTE ] Talk about yotes in weird places, at 1AM this past Tuesday, I saw one in my gf appartment complex...this is a gated community, and about not even 5 miles from downtown Atlanta! [/ QUOTE ] What is his room number, we can put a hit out on him!
  19. Re: Turkeys starting to strut in NY Here in my area, the birds are still diplaying. They are still in good sized groups with 4-5 toms at least in each group. I have been out every morning for the past 6 days and have not heard a single gobble. Although this will change soon I suspect. As far as Im concerned just seeing the large numbers of birds around is enough for me to get pumped up. WIgs
  20. Re: Dewalt 1/2\" Chuckless Cordless Drill NEW yeah thats fine. pm on the way. Thanks Jim T
  21. Re: Dewalt 1/2\" Chuckless Cordless Drill NEW sry 18v
  22. I got this drill new a few months back and have not used it other than testing in on 1 screw this am. I paid $200+ for it and would like to get $150 shipped. Comes with 2 batteries, charger, and hard case. PM me if interested. Wigs
  23. Re: Lots of Doe [ QUOTE ] But on the otherhand yotes thin out the weak animals of the herd to and avoid overcompetiton for foods like acorns and clover etc. [/ QUOTE ] I hear what your saying but 31 fawns from a herd is a tremendous amount for one yote. Then add in the number of deer taken during season and in no time you have a decimated herd. Taking out the week is one thing, but taking out all the fawn is totally different. Wigs
  24. I see lots of doe now days and they all look very very FAT! Hopefully we have a good fawning season with a lower predator kill than last year. A ranger that lives a couple miles from me said that they had a camera on a coyote den a few miles away last year and the mother yote brought in 31 fawns in 30 days for the pups. Now if that isn't a destructive animal I don't know what is. Wigs