Rem308

Members
  • Posts

    1204
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rem308

  1. Rem308

    Real or fake?

    I saw this photo in a mag...I believe it was Outdoor Life talking about the greatest Hoaxes of the sporting world. If memory serves, this was just the image that the editor used as an example. http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/hunting/2009/05/legendary-outdoor-hoaxes
  2. Rem308

    I made beer!

    Glad to hear it, trust me, if I can do it anyone can. Keep us informed on how it goes.
  3. Yes sir, congrats to you both!
  4. Rem308

    I made beer!

    You will see them at many places, Target always gets a lot of them around Christmas time, normally around 30 bucks or so. I got mine from Woot.com for 20 bucks, but that was a one-time deal. http://www.mrbeer.com/category-exec/category_id/2
  5. Rem308

    I made beer!

    You really should...it was easy and fun. The whole time I was doing this, all of us were saying we couldn't believe one of us hadn't done it earlier. I just wish I'd had planned better, as a cookout would have really hit the spot. Those brats would have topped the evening!
  6. Rem308

    I made beer!

    I'm so proud right now it'd be the time to do it...it's amazing how quickly friends were dropping in and pulling up a chair! Turned out real fun and now it's the conversation piece. You should hear some of my friends and what they're saying..."Old Alligator Arms Martin is so cheap he's brewing his own beer!" and so on. Sheesh, with friends like these!
  7. Rem308

    I made beer!

    A while back I finally started my first batch of beer through one of those 'Mr. Beer Kits' that you have probably seen. I was skeptical, but it was fun, easy, and I hoped for the best. Boiling and adding hops. Fermenting And 6 weeks later, I finally had my first pour of West Coast Pale Ale. Turned out great, good carbonation, taste was good and quite different than any of our domestics here. After a few glasses, the head did dissipate a little, but the taste was still there. Made for a heck of a fun evening. My friends that were over were fans and quickly gave me plenty of grief about being such a 'tight-wad' that I'm too cheap to buy beer! haha, good friends and good times were had by all.
  8. Nope, you can find them at the local gun shops around here for around 225$ bare pistol. I was able to get mine for a little better than that a while back. I have put the red dot scope on it and it's a real tack driver and hard on squirrels!
  9. Mine would have to be my S&W Model 22a handgun. It's a real great little shooter and tons of fun if you take the time to take safe shots in the woods.
  10. Yes sir, great bird and good story...just shows you can't be afraid to try different tactics. Way to go to both of you.
  11. I figure he is holding it with his bare feet! hahaha, seriously though, good bird and great story. Congrats.
  12. I have to agree Ruth, hang in there and he'll slip up sooner or later. The gobblers here have been quiet around me, and I've noticed the hens are taking the toms AWAY from other hens (or hunters calling!)...so you may try to tone down the calling. The last 2 times out I have done this and have more action around, though it's been in the form of hens coming by and investigating. Good luck.
  13. Nice gobbler, you got there!! Congrats on the trophy.
  14. My guess too, that or just need to take the gun and give it a REAL good cleaning.
  15. Yep, I'm in the same boat with ya Ruth. I have Thursday and Friday off from work, so I'll have 3 days of hunting here in WV. (including Saturday). But the weather is changing and is going to be pretty nasty according to the extended forecast. I have had moderate success in the rain and sometimes when the thunder booms you'll get one to gobble! Stay positive, good luck.
  16. Those two birds are both trophies, heck yeah! Glad to hear that story, gives us all hope about the possibilities. Way to go.
  17. Good hunt, looks like a real good bird! Shot him out of the tree, huh?! Hahah, just kidding you. Congrats on a great trophy, that hunt was a short one!
  18. Way to buddy, that's a great looking trophy! That shotgun looks awfully nice, you'll take many more but there is something so sweet about the first. Congrats on the great bird and congrats to you Don. You said you couldn't wait for him to use that shotgun and lay the smack down.
  19. YES! Glad to see the great bird, way to put it on 'em! Good luck in VA, those birds should really be gobbling for you with this good weather. Hope to see another posted soon!
  20. Yes sir, great looking Rio! Good job, can't wait to see that footage! We've all been there.
  21. I'd been looking at this gun online and on the commercials. Different to say the least. In the pic of the one you're holding Leo, it looks like the barrell is 1/2" from the receiver? Not really the barrel, but more of the beginning of the ventilated rib...is there that big of a gap? If so, I'm sure it's just a cosmetic thing, and this gun definitely has changed a few others. Thanks for sharing.
  22. That's a great looking shotgun, that laminate really sets it off.
  23. That's awesome...quite a turkey too, congrats to all parties involved.