Hillbilly
Members-
Posts
2482 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Hillbilly
-
Re: Which bow to pick situation..... [ QUOTE ] Either way your going to have a good bow since you like them both. Like chrud said check out the Drenalin if you havnt. [/ QUOTE ] I have shot the Drenalin, not my favorite bow...its nice, but I like the Bowtech Better.
-
Re: Hoyt Shooters I need some feed back I've shot the Trykon before, but its draw cylce was a little rough and felt a small hump at the end. The vulcan is a nice bow, shot it to and nothing but great things to say about it. I like bowtech's Alligence and Tribute better and thinking about purchasing a Bowtech Bow..... It all comes down to what feels good in your hand. Good Luck
-
Re: Proud Papa! awesome buck...good body size to... congrats to your son. How much did that buck weigh?
-
Re: Deer Dogging?? [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] i think snapper hit the nail on the head [/ QUOTE ] Since you are so supportive PA, why did you say this on another post? : "i have no problem with feeding deer during the off season. i also think that you shouldnt be considered a sportsman if you shoot one over feed." Sounds like you are knocking another mans way of hunting to me........................ [/ QUOTE ] Sounds like someone needs a nap lol !! Doing the pointing finger game. "you said it too, your guilty to."
-
I know it depends, on the hunter, but I have shot both of these bows and can't decide. In the red corner: The Mathews Switchback XT In the blue corner: The Bowtech Alligence. I have shot these two bows a lot when visited the pro shops. Mathews SB XT 07 Likes: Smooth draw cycle, nice speeds, just overall a nice bow. I shot it so many times, it feels like I own one already, just an awesome bow. I love it!!! BowTech Alligence 07 Likes: Also a smooth draw cycle bow. Nice back wall, great speed, I feel real comfortable with bow and believe this is my bow for the 07 season and many more to come. The two bows are about the same in the price range, for the Alligence its about $639.00. And the Mathews SB XT its about $668.00 I really can't make up my mind. They both shoot and feel great in my hands, and I just can't make up my mind. Some things that might help me make up my mind. 1. The Mathews Dealer is like 20minutes away. So if I need something done, its not like a cross country race to a far away place. The Bowtech Dealer is about 1 hour from me. 2. The Bowtech shop has great pros no cons when it comes to buying a bow. After your purchase of a Bowtech, you the customer gets 10% to 20% off any accessory you can put on your bow. This pro shop guy will make sure your'll well treated. If a problem comes up with your bow, he will give you a new bow right off the shelf no questions asked, so you don't need to miss the rest of the bow season. He will fix the bow and when the season is over, you come and get your orignal bow back and go from there. I'm not for sure if all pro shop owners would do that, but that makes my decision harder..... Can someone please help!!!! Opinions anyone??
-
Smooth draw cycle? Good Back Wall? Speed? No Hand shock after the shot? I look at no hand shock, smooth draw cycle and nice back wall...... What do you like?
-
Re: Raising war Go get em General Custard!!!
-
Re: Casey won the front 9 I did?? lol
-
Re: Deer Dogging?? [ QUOTE ] I guess what confuses me is why its ok to hunt certain animals one way and not the next? Ok...is it ok to hunt rabbits with a dog? Of course it is...almost everyone would be ok with that. Is it ok to hunt deer with dogs? Some are ok with it...but alot get upset. Is the deer's life more deserving than a rabbit's? A duck must be shot in the air...but a turkey shouldn't be shot in the air...it should be called as close as posible????? Its ok to tree a coon with a dog at night and shoot it...but not ok to tree a bear with a dog and shoot it????? Its ok to catch bass out of a small farm pond...but not ok to shoot an animal inside a fence????? We could go on and on with these seniero's but the bottom line is... We all were raised and taught different styles of hunting...that doesn't make someone elses way wrong (within the law of course). Killing one of Gods creatures deserves respect reguardless how it was done. In Gods eyes...a deer's life isn't any more valuable than a rabbits. Please...lets not slam another hunters way of hunting...lets leave that to the anti's. If you don't agree with the way they killed...fine, congrat them on their kill and move on. [/ QUOTE ] Good Post!!
-
I use Remington #6 shot.
-
Re: Who Is Thinkng About Turkey Yet??? [ QUOTE ] Since my deer season is over now, I been getting my mind ready! LOL! [/ QUOTE ] Guilty here!
-
Re: found the best bow for me [ QUOTE ] it is the bowtech tomcat i shot it tonight and i love it!!! shoots smooth but know i have to get the money for it its $550.00 and thats with the kit wih it sight and ect [/ QUOTE ] The bow you shot is very smooth, I had the chance to shoot it also. It's pretty sweet, nice speed to it also. Good Luck in the future with it.
-
Re: Bear or reflex [ QUOTE ] A good bow is the one that you like, and it feels good in YOUR hand only! Shoot a bunch of bows and see what YOU like! Dont be brand specific! Shoot them all! Or as many as you can! [/ QUOTE ] Why don't ppl realize this.... great post NRA
-
Re: Knight 50 cal disc elite I also found a knight disc extreme and it was there for $225.00
-
Liked both of them very much, but still feel more comfortable with the Bowtechs. All my friends are either Hoyt or Mathews bowhunters, so if I pick a Bowtech I know I'll be the odd ball of the bunch. Now I'm gonna go shoot some Mathews Bows and see what happens there, but for right bow Bowtech is still my go to choice. The Alligence fits so well with me and I just love that bow. To me the price isn't that bad either. $639.00 and after a purchase of a Bowtech I get the Accessories 10% off.... Can't go wrong there. Now only if I can find one in Realtree Camo lol..... Off to a Mathews Dealer tomorrow.
-
I think I have discovered the doe we couldn't find the night I took my button buck. its on the property that ajoins my parents place. I have permission to hunt there so I thought I'd go do some late season scouting. Came along this doe, ripped into. I hate to find one like this but at least I know she's still not alive hurting and suffering.
-
Knight Extreme. Been looking at it all night on the internet. I have a dealer very close to me. I want to check it out. Looks to be a nice gun. I seen on TV that Barnes Bullets and Sabots are the way to go when it comes to knights. I was wondering can you shine on this topic a little more.
-
Re: Bowhunters you need to read this Yeah Lou your right AT is a not a place for me to go. I really dislike the way they talk over their. Some of them needs their mouth washed out. My mama would do it if they saw how they talked over there lol.... they would bash their own mothers in their given the chance.
-
Re: THE BEST BROADHEAD all you need is shot placement........ hit the vitals, and dead deer!
-
Re: Bowhunting big bucks: need info. The only adivce I can give Tony is: Shoot Strong! Now where did I hear that from.
-
Today I'm going to a new shop today that carry the hoyts that is only about 25 minutes from my small town. I sure do want to shoot some of the new bows, the Vulcan is on my list. I like to shoot short brace height bows. They seem to fit me the best, but will keep the Vectrix in mind. Not going to buy anything today, but if some bow catches my eye and fits me well I might be back sooner than later.
-
Re: Got my first buck!!!! great buck.... gotta love your first ever deer. Congrats to your dad and to yourself.
-
Re: Bowhunting big bucks: need info. Awesome post Gary and Awesome Pics... Makes me want to tag along with you on your hunts
-
Re: Bowhunters you need to read this [ QUOTE ] Ok lets settle down here. yes the comic cartoon might be in bad taste. yes it does not promote bowhunters in a good way. but its a just a cartoon... do i see anyone raising a huge uproar about the comic spots done on any of the Realtree videos? come on you know "Spot light on deer " the one with jeff foxworthy and Tbone. where they demonstrate redneck deer hunting.. as shooting deer with a spot light or shooting out of a truck door. heck i even remember one where they ran a fake buck down in a field with there truck. i seem to remember one where Tbone made a shot out of a truck door they drug along, because it was more familiar to him to shoot deer that way. what about the t shirts you see where they depict deer hunting and a truck on legs as a stand. or what about the one where it shows redneck fishing as using dynamite to get your fish? we have become a society of people that cant laugh at anything any more. i wouldnt worry about a stupid cartoon that they printed in a magazine. heck if you look closely you will find a lot more examples in the hunting community. Shoot Strong Tony [/ QUOTE ] You make more sense in a single post than I do all year. I always try to mimick your shooting style...all the infomation you pass to me, I soak up like a sponge. Whenver I reach to that point in my life as a bowhunter, I have my practice to thank and your adivce. You and many other mods on here are the reason why I can never leave the realtree forums. He's right about this comic cartoon, it doesn't make us bowhunters seem like a great group of people, but let them people be. I laugh when I see people like that trying to destroy our sport, its never gonna happen while we got plenty of bowhunters out there. One day these people will see what they have done to deer hunting itself and they might come back with their tails between their legs. When people like this sit around and run their mouths about a group of people they usually get in trouble.... open mouth insert boot.
-
I missed a turkey with my buddy's mossberg, never really liked his gun, but not trying to make an excuse out of that. I'm gonna use my Winchester 1300 this spring. I missed a the turkey at about 10 yrds.... How you ask? I have no clue.! But gonna use some Winchester Supreme #6 Shot... and thump some heads.