Hoosierbuck

Members
  • Posts

    1870
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hoosierbuck

  1. Unless addressed in the individual court's conditions of bond, or the bond agreement, then no. Unless of course, the accused is a recidivist and already has a prior felony conviction. (So many are.) This is the case in Indiana, anyway. Other states may have laws about weapons while on bond for violent felonies, etc. HB
  2. Yes, that is the part about having the present ability to exercise control over the item. The DV disqualification is a seperate law from the felony disqualification. Even convictions for misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence disqualify you from possessing firearms or ammunition due to the Brady law. Here is the kicker, it's retroactive...ex post facto. That part should be unconstitutional. HB HB
  3. Bought a choke tube off Bluelund79. Very smooth and very courteous. Eric is a good man. HB
  4. Remember the 6 P's: Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Or in this case maybe I should change it to 7 P's:Prior Planning Protects Precious People & Prevents Peril. HB
  5. Thanks, Eric. Got the tube yesterday. Deal with Eric with confidence-he's a good guy. It was a nice touch to protect the threads with e-tape, btw. HB
  6. Actually, it's not a gray area at all. To have control or the present ability to exercise control over the item is question. It has nothing to do with ownership. It's really not creative lawyering, or stretching the law, the statute says a felon may not possess firearms or ammunition. The novelty is they usually get the bad guy on the firearm part. HB
  7. I have Knights (several) and a T/C, both are good brands. I would recommend that you go with one of them. HB
  8. I can offer some anecdotal evidnece on that one...and the answer is maybe half, depending on the hit. I closed out ML season one year during a morning hunt as I had family obligations later. So there I sit, loaded ML, and 3...2...1...season over, need to go home. This tree rat starts barking at me, and I said to Mr. Rat, "You are not so bright as you might think." Then I leveled the .50 cal at his head-BOOM! Hit between the shoulder blades since he was so close, and the wole top half of him kinda stuck to the tree a second or two while the back half fell into the snow. I picked up the back half, which was in pretty good shape, shook it hard one to remove the rest of the viscera, and put him in my pocket. Done. HB
  9. There is a Federal law that says all felons may not possess firearms or ammunition. The case in Steve's article above is a Federal case. Many states also have laws that prohibit, in Indiana's jargon, "Serious, violent felons" from possessing weapons. Just a matter of whether you want to do state or federal time if you are a felon of any flavor with guns. HB
  10. Up in "Da Region"-I hunt Porter, LaPorte, and St. Joe Counties. HB
  11. Thanks for the kind words. I am blessed. HB
  12. I see them, does anyone see them besides me? HB
  13. We were blessed at our house: I liked his browtines, reminiscent of an elk to me. Sorry it is sideways: The garage being converted to butcher shop. The buck has a stout neck. 200# dressed. Does were 126# and 100#. HB
  14. Opening day of firearms- I have a 200# dressed 11 point, a 126# dressed doe, and a smaller doe hanging in the garage. Guess what I am doing tomorrow? (AFTER church and lots of thanksgiving, I mean.) HB
  15. I will pray for your family, and hug mine. So sorry. HB
  16. Hoosierbuck

    Occupations

    Piano player in a house of ill-repute. HB
  17. I'll take the tru-glo for the 835. You have pm. HB
  18. OH-and thank you to those who have donated! You guys rock. It does feel pretty good to be able to provide for so many. My little local food bank doesn't get meat very often, and mine was the first deer the local processor had gotten donated in his first year of participation. His wife works at the food bank, so he was really excited to let her know he had one for her. Then, a week later, in horrible conditions I had a nice fat one feed within 20 yards and stand there broadside. Now she is in my freezer. Coincidence? Maybe... HB
  19. http://www.fhfh.org/ChaptersDetail.asp?StateLookup=WI&ChapterName=Wisconsin%20Hunt%20For%20The%20Hungry&ChapterCode=Independent%20WI Shorty- That link will take you to FHFH's website where they will link you to an independent Wisconsin food ministry, as FHFH does not yet have any chapters in Wisconsin. Contact that fellow and see if it is feasible for you to work it out with him. Thanks for thinking of others, and welcome to RT!! HB
  20. In an effort to raise them up right, every year I print off coloring pages for the kids (7,5,1.5) of a Veteran's Day theme picture and while they color them we talk about war and veterans and freedom. Then we go up to the local VFW and put the pictures and thank you notes on the door. Last year they left them up for over a month. Yesterday as I was taping them up a gruff feller came barrelling up the stairs and started in with what are you doing, you can't put those there, blocks the video surveillance, who are you...pretty rude, really. BUT...then I handed him the pictures and said I am just here with my kids. We do this every year. He looked down, and got quiet for a second. Then he said, "How about I put them inside on the bulletin board? Are your kids in the car?" They were, so he walked over there and opened the door. He stuck his head in there and I introduced the kids. He asked if they made those nice pictures. They were bashful, but he shook their hands and told them thank you. I shut the van door, and he turned to me and shook my hand a few times, and (still gruff) thanked me for our support. I thanked him for his service. As we were going around the parking lot to pull out, I answered a bunch of questions and showed the kids a purple heart license plate. All in all, I think it made an impression on the kids. HB
  21. I am clear up by South Bend, and my schedule is tight as heck...but i like the idea. HB
  22. Saturday morning the 8th of November:Saw 4 bucks and 4 does. Some following, but not ardent pursuit. Nothing huge a little 6 and 3 8's, biggest maybe grosses 110. All in the woods a pretty good distance from crops. Saturday evening, corn field edge/winter wheat: 7 does, not one buck. The last doe I saw fed to broadside at 20 yards. She got a ride in the truck for that. That's #2 for the year. Spitfire to the lungs and down in 50 yards. Lots of corn still up all over, though. HB Edit to add that I was in Porter and LaPorte counties.
  23. I have seen lots of people who died of "lead poisioning," but in every case it was due to the nature of the exposure, not the quantity...(i.e. a 9 mm to the head, for instance.) HB