vagobbln
Members-
Posts
537 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by vagobbln
-
Re: Anyone seen these [ QUOTE ] Yah know I gotta vent here ... this is rediculous that just about everyone in here is taking this product and making it into some sort of a poachers dream ... this light has so many other uses and only a couple here have even mentioned them ... how pathetic that us as hunters have to go negative with a product like this or any other ... the light wouldnt make the poacher ... the person makes the poacher and there is no other way around that ... its exactly the same argument as guns dont kill ppl ... exactly ... I can go buy a hangun and 10 mins later I could shoot someone with it ... does not mean I am gonna but I could ... where this light is legal it would come in very handy .. the animals cant see it ... it has many uses ... I guess I get tired of all the negativity ... its always the bad side ... take for instance the muzzy post with the 4 blade broadhead ... someone took that and turned it all negative by saying they copied it ... I mean common folk this isnt what its all about here ... Rant off!!!!! Steve [/ QUOTE ] The Hawglite looks like a wonderfully designed piece of equipment and the craftsmanship appears first class. It would no doubt make a fantastic addition to the discriminating bowhunter's ensemble.
-
SPECIAL BULLETING FROM THE PENTAGON The Pentagon announced today the formation of a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces. These Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma , Tennessee, Texas and Virginia boys will be dropped off into Iraq and have been given only the following facts about terrorists: 1. The season opened today. 2. There is no limit. 3. They taste just like chicken. 4. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus. 5. They are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the death of Dale Earnhardt. The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Friday.
-
Re: GrandPa Passed in his sleep! I know how important to my life my grandparents were, so I feel for you. Prayers sent - God Bless.
-
Some of you may have seen this. A buddy of mine sent it to me this morning. I can't imagine these guys mount too many turkey's! Holy cow! Gobbler Guillotine video
-
Re: Beard question Cut'em off and stick'em in a little Mule Team Borax.
-
Re: Face Full of 4\'s (#16) Belated prayers to you and your grandma. Let your teamates know if we can help.
-
Re: Anyone seen these [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] I have another name for it - "Poachers Dream". [/ QUOTE ] Guess that would depend on the hunter not the light! Steve [/ QUOTE ] You're right! It's just that a particular group of unscroupulous people came to mind when I saw that thing.
-
Re: Anyone seen these I have another name for it - "Poachers Dream".
-
Re: Face Full of 4\'s (#16) Get that "boxer bird" entered Slug. I actually think it will put us in a real good position unless there are a lot of people sandbagging out there. Anybody hear from Alex? Did he get to hunt any?
-
Re: DONT LOOK AT THIS I meant to click on that "Lonely in Louisiana" thread but my mouse slipped. Don't count me.
-
Re: Reaction Time (game) You rabbits may be quicker, but we bobcats are higher on the food chain.
-
Re: Who is your guy Dale Jr. But it just hasn't been the same since pop died.
-
Re: Reaction Time (game) Yall's mouse must be faster than mine. I know it's not me.
-
Try this thing and see how fast you are on the trigger. Reaction Game I never can get any faster than a "bobbing bobcat". Just play - you'll see what I mean. Have fun.
-
Re: Face Full of 4\'s (#16) Congratulations on the jake OB. Slug has your back when he enters his bird. Way to go team!
-
Re: Do you snore? Not much. Dadgum if my wife can't cut a cord and a half overnight though! She's also got this breathing thing she does where she sounds like Darth Vader. Glad she doesn't read this board.
-
Re: Hunting near a nesting hen? Steer clear of it IMO. It's not worth the risk of having the hen abandon a whole clutch of eggs. If you're a couple hundred yards away and he's around, he'll hear you. I wouldn't keep bumping that hen though. Good luck.
-
Re: gobbling I've used them sparingly with some success. First thing is be sure (as best you can) that you're the only one around. Thay can draw unwanted attention. It's no fun to have to shake it and then duck! Situations I've used them in successfully. #1 - as a locator on those mornings when they seem to have lockjaw. #2 - on a hung up bird(s) after exhausting everything else. Most of the time the gobble tube will do one of two things: Bring'em in or send them packing, especially if you're dealing with a two-year old that's probably had his butt whipped a few times. My partner and I took a double last year thanks to the gobble tube. We worked two birds that were together for well over two hours and threw the book at them, changing calls, changing locations, calling soft, calling loud as well as the silent treatment. Nothing would make them commit. As we neared quittin' time (12:00 in VA) we decided to cutt loudly and back it up with the gobble tube. In less than 10 minutes we were both toe-toting back to the truck. Both were older (3+) birds. I've had it work the other way too though.
-
Re: Zoom Question [ QUOTE ] Best way I know how to explain is that optical is within the capability of the lens, digital is magnified after the extent of the capability of the lens and will not give as good of performance as the optical zoom. [/ QUOTE ] Good answer. You also start loosing definition and sharpness when you go digital.
-
Re: Why hunters shouldn\'t wear Tinks 69 I'd seen that one too. If I'm not mistaken, it was his wife running the camera.
-
Re: Face Full of 4\'s (#16) I did find where exturkinator killed one this morning. According to the stats he posted it will score 67.75. That still puts them at 212.75 with just three birds. 257Roberts is right, it won't take anything more than a jake to overtake us. Come on guys, it's two outs in the bottom of the ninth - take one deep!
-
Re: Face Full of 4\'s (#16) [ QUOTE ] Well if that bird has any spirs at all we should be in first. I checked the other teams in the running and heres how it shakes out. The Full Fan Attics are our biggest threat. They have 237.4 with only 3 birds. We should have around 240 something with 4 birds. If they get another bird were dead meat. But, i checked and i think they only have one more still in the hunt till the end of may. The other team in the running has 186 with 3 birds. They have two still in the hunt. One till may 21st and the other till may 31st. If they get a decent bird were toast unless we get another bird and knocks one of us out of the four. We have 2 still in the hunt so maybe Alex and Ohio can knock our two lowest out (incidently the two MS boys) and increase our score. Were still in it but it don't look good. Makes it exciting though knowing your in the hunt. [/ QUOTE ] I'm only showing the Full Fan's with two birds and 145 points. What did I miss?
-
Re: Ultimate Hunting Giveaway. I just got back from lunch and found I had won a bowhunter jacket and pants! Pretty cool. I guess I can't whine that I never win anything anymore. Thanks.
-
Re: All you golfers out there...... Ping G2 - 460 cc I think.
-
Re: Are you a Yankee or a Rebel ? 78% Dixie. I'm scheduling surgery to correct the other 22%.