joebobhunter4 Posted December 1, 2005 Report Share Posted December 1, 2005 Re: Hoyt or Matthews? i think they both shoot great... but i know that hoyt makes the best handle for bows... even mathews boys cant lie to that 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chrud Posted December 2, 2005 Report Share Posted December 2, 2005 Re: Hoyt or Matthews? [ QUOTE ] i think they both shoot great... but i know that hoyt makes the best handle for bows... even mathews boys cant lie to that 1 [/ QUOTE ] I perfer the grip on my Mathews to the grip on the XTEC I had. The bigger grip is more comfortable for ]b]me[/b]. I couldn't get use to the small grip on the Hoyt's. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BowJoe Posted December 2, 2005 Report Share Posted December 2, 2005 Re: Hoyt or Matthews? I liked the Mathew's grip myself. I shot the Hoyt Magnatec and didn't like the grip at all. Too narrow of a throat and didn't conform to my hand at all. Just not as smooth as I liked. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tony Posted December 4, 2005 Report Share Posted December 4, 2005 Re: Hoyt or Matthews? both great companys with great bows. the Switchback is an outstanding hunting bow .they also have an Apex that is outstanding for target and 3D. but i feel Mathews is kind of limited on choices of a bow that can do everything i want. thats why i shoot Hoyt . i have an 05 Hoyt Ultratec thats great for hunting , 3D and Indoor competition . which is a huge factor for me. that way 1 bow covers everything i want. i also have a 03 Hoyt Protec that will also do everything i want . i personally like longer axle to axle bows ... the new hoyt Trykon is absolutely fantastic to shoot . but its draw length specific . which means you better know your draw length exactly or it wont fit right. but if you do it will definately fill the bill if you get the Trykon XL . its 36 inches ATA will do just about everything thats asked of it.. the bottom line is you will have to find a pretty good dealer to try all of the bows that Mathews and Hoyt have . you will find that the Switchback and Trykon are almost the same.. make a list of what you want the bow to do . then figure out what bow that Hoyt or Mathews makes that will do all of it . then shoot them. the bottom line is just because a grip on a bow doesnt feel right doesnt mean you cant get another one. Hoyt has extra grips to order or you can do like i did and remove the grip and shoot straight off the riser.. good luck in your choice.. Shoot Strong Tony Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kooter Posted December 5, 2005 Report Share Posted December 5, 2005 Re: Hoyt or Matthews? Up until last week I would have said Hoyt all the way but after shooting the switchback this weekend I would have to say Mathews. I shoot Hoyt now and will be buying the Mathews Switchback soon. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
knobby Posted December 8, 2005 Report Share Posted December 8, 2005 Re: Hoyt or Matthews? I would also agree that Hoyt and Mathews are Obviously two of the top bow companies but I think the new Mathews Apex 7 is the best all around bow out there, at 38" ATA you can hunt with it, shoot 3d and it is forgiving enough to shoot indoor with, but you can do all of that with a switchback also, it just depends on your preferences, Mathews cams are also draw length specific but an easy cam swap with out changing the strings and cables is also an option Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bghunter777 Posted December 9, 2005 Report Share Posted December 9, 2005 Re: Hoyt or Matthews? Mathews get on the band wagon why not they are worth the money and they are not any more than a hoyt. but do shoot them both just to confirm what all of us on the bandwagon know. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest BigBuckDown69 Posted December 9, 2005 Report Share Posted December 9, 2005 Re: Hoyt or Matthews? I would have to say Mathews but than again that is what I hunt with. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hoyt03 Posted December 9, 2005 Report Share Posted December 9, 2005 Re: Hoyt or Matthews? hoyt Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Born2Hunt Posted December 10, 2005 Report Share Posted December 10, 2005 Re: Hoyt or Matthews? I have owned a mathews conquet pro and now own a mathews MQ1 . Both bows are excellent. I shoot 3-D, indoor and hunt with my MQ1 and love it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.