Paducah KY


Swamphunter

Recommended Posts

Anyone near or familiar with Paducah KY?? My wife has a chance for employment there, and so do I. I am curious about the weather, and the demographics, the topography, the animals, land availibilty, cost of living, and weather its a red or blue state, stance of firearms, and can I keep my AR-15, do I HAVE to modify it, or DO I GET to modify it... :gunsmilie:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, you would litterally be a stones throw away from southern IL....I have heard from quite a few people that western, northwestern KY has great white tail hunting and consistently produces pretty big deer...The people are super friendly, you have great fishing opportunity, and it is a very scenic area...For what you are looking for, i'd say thats about exactly what you want! Good Luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paducah is about 2 hours from me Ken, there are a few other forum members in Illinois who are not too terribly far from Paducah. Some pretty nice country up that way. Some big deer too. I used to do a lot of service work on satellites in that area and I would imagine it would not be what you are used to in New York, pretty rural area.

On your AR 15, KY is not New York, nor is it Illinois, sure you would not have to modify it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I live 10 minutes from there. Great place You can rifle hunt, bow hunt, They got deer Squirrel and some places i think they have Elk but don't hold me to it.

Great deer around here. Not sure bout the rest. What Wtnhunt posted will help a lot And they got GREAT fishing!!

And like Dan said your only like 10 minutes from Illinois. As soon as you cross the river your in my town lol. They got 2 Hospitals in Paducah big ones at that.

Good luck!!;)

Edited by Hunt or be Hunted
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I live 10 minutes from there. Great place You can rifle hunt, bow hunt, They got deer Squirrel and some places i think they have Elk but don't hold me to it.

Great deer around here. Not sure bout the rest. What Wtnhunt posted will help a lot And they got GREAT fishing!!

And like Dan said your only like 10 minutes from Illinois. As soon as you cross the river your in my town lol. They got 2 Hospitals in Paducah big ones at that.

Good luck!!;)

Tennessee's reintroduction of elk, lbl was mentioned, but do not remember seeing or hearing if they ever actually released any animals on the Tennessee side. Tennessee will have their second season for elk this year from what I have heard, no clue if KY has seasons for elk on this end of the state.

The deer hunting should be really good in both McCracken and Graves counties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tennessee's reintroduction of elk, lbl was mentioned, but do not remember seeing or hearing if they ever actually released any animals on the Tennessee side. Tennessee will have their second season for elk this year from what I have heard, no clue if KY has seasons for elk on this end of the state.

The deer hunting should be really good in both McCracken and Graves counties.

That's like i said don't hold me to it lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That area of the state has some of the best hunting for anything you could want. The fishing could be rated up there with anyplace in this country to. Ky is a very firearms freindly state,I was reading on another forums the other day where people were packing there handguns into the capital building on there hips,and by law it's perfectly legal. A move here and I don't think you would be dissapointed at all,very scenic roads for those long rides by the lakes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tennessee's reintroduction of elk, lbl was mentioned, but do not remember seeing or hearing if they ever actually released any animals on the Tennessee side. Tennessee will have their second season for elk this year from what I have heard, no clue if KY has seasons for elk on this end of the state.

The deer hunting should be really good in both McCracken and Graves counties.

There is no elk season for that part of the state. In fact Im not sure there is even wild free-ranging elk anywhere else besides the far eastern side of KY. Thats the only place that they have re-introduced elk that I know of.

As far as Paducah goes, the area should have good hunting in general. The western part of KY is especially well known for deer and waterfowl. The weather here is pretty moderate. Anything below 0 degrees is rare and anything above 100 is rare. I think you are fine with the AR-15. Im not positive but I think the only restrictions on rifles here is that if its fully automatic, you have to get a special permit, but dont take my word on that. There is alot of people that have them around here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.