woodsman2230

Members
  • Posts

    1141
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by woodsman2230

  1. Thanks for the offer but they are sending me a new fiber on monday.
  2. I was sighting in my bow today and I broke the fiber on one of my pins in my sight. Does anyone know if I can get another fiber optic spool? Does Cobra offer this from their site or an I just wasting my time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Chris
  3. woodsman2230 20 Archery Sept. 29-Nov. 10 Rifle Nov. 26-Dec. 8 Muzzleloader and Late season archery Dec. 26-Jan. 12
  4. What hunting pack do you guys recommend for whitetail hunting that can aslo be used when I go elk hunting? I was looking into Badlands but I would also like some other ideas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  5. Thanks for the nice comments guys
  6. I am in West Vernon right outside meadville.
  7. here are some pictures i took while sitting on my front porch in pennsylvania This one is a close up of a fence line that runs across the valley hillside into an apple and pear orchard on the left side of the picture.
  8. Awesome looking setup!! Does bucknasty have a website?
  9. The XT also nabbed me. It is an awesome bow!
  10. woodsman2230

    hot weather

    That is what I would do. Find some sort of water source and hunt the evenings. Good Luck!
  11. LOL! I got it under control now! haha
  12. Well I just returned from the local archery shop with my new weapon. It is a Mathews Switchback XT with a cobra sidewinder sight, quiktune 2100 rest, and a trophy ridge quiver! I cant wait to put the pins right behind the shoulder of a monster buck! I will get pics up soon! Thanks for reading! Chris
  13. woodsman2230

    Deer Ammo

    Remington Core-Lokt 165 grain .30-06
  14. ya it got to be about 95 here in pa....it made for a long day of painting out in the sun!
  15. I have noticed that some people have websites for their different scouting trips or hunting videos, etc. I was wondering how I would do that for the video I am making. Would I have to pay or would I need to write html? If, so where would I go to write it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  16. Hey there guys, I am in the process of buying a new bow and I was thinking about changing arrows this season. Are the Easton Axis arrows thinner than the Epics or the Beeman ICS Hunters? What does everyone think of these arrows? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Chris
  17. Montana is without a doubt where I would hunt. Only i think it would be tough finding public land to hunt.
  18. Hey there guys! Here are some pics of me and my best friend going out for my buddy's first ever turkey hunt. We had a long beard roosted about 50 yards in front of us and when he gobbled the first time I thought my buddy was going to jump out of his pants it startled him so bad. Here we are right before the hunt. I didnt have an extra facemask so Doug had to paint his face. Here is the first turkey I killed. I took it by myself when I was in 10th grade. I have tought myseld everything I know about turkey hunting. I took the shot at 7 steps with my grandfather's old Fox Sterlingworth 12ga. with 2 3/4" mags. It had a 10.5" Beard, 1" spurs and weighed 23lbs.
  19. thanks okie dog. Awesome set up j-daddy!
  20. Well my father and I have been hunting together for the past 8 years. He has been hunting much longer than that. He is a great hunter and I wish I could hunt more than one day a year with him but its hard with my schedule. Here are some pics of the deer he and I have taken in our hunting careers. The first three pics are of our garage from left to right. I have taken only 3 of the bucks in these pics. The rest are my fathers. The buck that is in the 2nd row 2nd from the left is the third buck that I took and it had a 7 1/4 inch drop tine on its right side. This pic is of an elk my grandfather took in Idaho in 1983. This is my dad and the buck he took last season behind our house, which is the only place he hunts. He asked me if I wanted to hunt that stand that day. I told him no because I knew that he would atleast see a buck. I was extremely happy for him. It was the first buck he has taken since I started hunting. (8 years!!) This is the biggest buck that I killed. I took it from the same stand as my father took most of his deer. He was in the stand with me.
  21. Hey there guys I wam pretty bored right now so I thought I would post some pics of my arrow slinging machine. Well there is it. It might not be the newest model but it does the job.....for now. LOL!