woodsman2230

Members
  • Posts

    1141
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by woodsman2230

  1. Well I went out for a little stroll last night in the area I usually bowhunt. I saw 2 deer trails right inside the corner of a oats field within 10 yards of the tree I usually hunt. A pond is about 20 yards away from the tree. It will be a very good early season stand. I walked further into the woods and found an apple tree in the middle of a thick, high, brush field, with trails going right to the tree. I walked even further and found a 4wheeler trail right along a steep ridge. The ridge is almost vertical and about 30 feet high. With the ridge on my right, I looked down into the bottom and saw real thick brush and grasses, and deer tracks on the trail. I climbed up the ride side, and found another 4 wheeler trail on top of the ridge and a deep revine on the other side. The ridge is very narrow with steep hills on both sides of it. Bucks like to run that ridge during the rut. Right at dark I took a ride around and saw a real nice buck and a smaller buck in the field of another property that I hunt.I hope to get out again later this week and check out some different spots.
  2. Ohh yeah Im ready, got my stands up, shooting my bow, Im ready to go!!!
  3. I am trying to sell my Hoyt MT Sport. The bow is about 7 years old and is in perfect condition. It has an adjustable draw length 24.5- 28 inches, and is set at 55#'s. No scratches, nicks nothing. The bow is as clean as it gets. Never been dry fired and comes with High Country Sights, (one pin) Quicktune Rest, and Quikee Quiver. Im asking 220 OBO. PM me for pictures.
  4. Well, my buddy and I are trying to make a foodplot but we have no way to plow it. Are there any in expensive or makesift ways to plow a field. Will dragging a piece of chainlink fence behind a 4-wheeler work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  5. Hey everyone. I was thinking about hunting out in Montana next archery season for elk. I have never hunted elk before and this will be the first time that I apply for a tag. I was wondering if there is anything in particular that I could do that would increase my chances of drawing a tag. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Chris
  6. Hey guys, I have a 12ft River's Edge ladder stand and I was thinking about making it a 16ft stand. Does anyone know if I can get another 4ft peice of ladder from the company or would I need to have somone make one for me? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  7. I was on the Montana Wildlife Commission site the other day and I noticed something that I have never seen before on there. It was called the Super Tag. Does anyone know what it is and can you apply for just that tag or do you have to apply for the main one first. I mean if you wanted to apply for the deer supertag, would you have to apply for the Deer A or B license? Or can you just apply for the supertag and then get the conservation , and bow and arrow lic? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  8. Ok great....thanks a lot. The information is greatly appreciated. Dawg.....i apologize. I was in kind of a crappy mood this afternoon and i didnt mean to snap like that. I am truly sorry.
  9. i would but im not driving down there to hunt deer when i could drive 30 minutes to hunt ohio...i asked for help...if you dont want to help then dont post.
  10. Does anyone know of any good places to hunt in eastern ohio for deer and turkeys? Preferrably near andover or in that area. But any WMA in the eastern part of ohio would be best. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  11. Hey there guys I was thinking about selling my bow to get a new one. What do you think I could get out of a... Hoyt MT Sport bow High Country Sights (one pin) Quick Tune Rest Quikee Quiver The bow is about 6 years old. Looks brand new. Never been dry fired and shoots as well as it did when I bought it. Just interested in what you think I can get out of it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  12. They are very good guns. Dependable, accurate and they look nice.
  13. I didnt know him, but I am all for it.
  14. I saw one for $750. But Im sure you can get one for less than that.
  15. I think I can get one for about $371 for the bow itself and around $550 for the whole set up. Not completely sure right now tho.
  16. Doe turkeys keep the same strut zones year after year? I have been seeing the same gobbler in the same field for almost a month now in the mornings and at night. It is a freshly planted corn field on property that I can hunt. If he lives to next season, will he keep that field as his strut zone?
  17. Well now my choice is even harder because I found out that I can get the bow and all of the accessories that I need for $550 which is the normal retail price of the bow itself. I have a lot of thinking ahead of me.
  18. The deer contest that is held every year. People sign up fpr the contest and then teams are assigned.
  19. Well I went out today to the local archery shop and shot the Mathews Switchback XT and the Fred Bear Truth bow. I cant decide on which one I like better. They are bot smooth and quiet. They feel good in my hand and I like the arrow flight off the bow. I need a little help with my decision. What do you guys think about these two bows?
  20. Does anyone know if Benelli has a warranty on the camo that is on the Super Black Eagle? I saw one that had some of the camo rubbed of at the top of the reciever near where the stock joins the reciever. I was wondering if I were to send it back if they would fix it for me or if I could pay them to have it dipped again.
  21. Hey guys I want to get an early start for this upcoming archery season because I need to be able to get some good footage of deer for the video I am trying to make. What should I be looking for as far as sign goes to get an idea of where to set up my stands? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Chris
  22. As I was driving to work this morning I looked out into the field that is attached to the woods where I missed my turkey and what would ya know there is that same guy strutting like crazy out in the plowed field. Im just glad to see that he is ok and that I didnt make him a treat for the coyotes. I know its the same bird because he srtuted there everyday before I called him into me. Im glad to see that he is back to doing his same old thing! I kinda get the feeling that he is taunting me a little bit when he sees my drive by LOL!
  23. you are not alone. I had the same thing happen to me. Season started out great. birds were talking a bit, I saw some birds and actually missed one the first thursday, but after the second week, it went sour. It will be better next year. I can feel it!
  24. Does anyone own or have shot the Primos Truth bow made by Bear Archery? I know it looks really good and it feels good when you hold it but I was wondering how it shoots. Thanks.
  25. The plot will be for hunting. I am trying to make a video this year and I would like to get some footage of the animals.