superguide Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread If you guys get a chance go see Phaneuf he Calgary-maybe we need to split the Calder trophy this year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
drkillemquick Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread absolutely, defence is such a hard position to learn, especially in the new age NHL. That kid is unbeleivable as well. He hits like a freight train and plays like a veteran. However, chances are, offence sells games, and the NHL is setting Crosby up as the next one, so if he continues to play as he is, he'll win for sure no matter what Phaneuf does unfortunately. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckbuster11 Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread Ovecchkin (sp) will get a ton of votes too. I got to see him play last night against the Pens. He's unbelieveable as well. His stick handling is off the freakin charts. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
drkillemquick Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread [ QUOTE ] Ovecchkin (sp) will get a ton of votes too. [/ QUOTE ] I still thinks rookie of the year right now is Crosby's to lose. Ovecchkin(sp) would have to be absolutely blowing the doors off syd the kid to win. We have a kid here in Toronto named Wellwood who is pretty amazing as well. He has 4 goals and 8 assists so far, has some pretty amazing moves, and gets way less than half the ice time of either ovecchkin or crosby (some games only 5 min to 8 min). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread There's definatley a great class of young players this season.... glad I don't have to pick the Calder Trophy winner or Rookie of the year...... Boston Vs. Toronto tonite...... ,, man I hope the Bruins are ready to play a full 3 periods of hockey.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread OK Im not saying anythig about the game until it's over.... But I will say this,,, I find it very unfan like to BOO the Eagle for the bad play of the players in front of him..... Especially after he just won 4 straight games for the Leafs by standing on his head and making some great saves for the team..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TreeStandBowHunter Posted November 24, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread No worse than our steller fans throwing objects on the ice on opening night Yeah, don't say anything about the game man, we might jinx them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread Good deal the Bruins actually beat a good team 5-1.... I hear ya Mike,, I just don't understand fans doing stuff like that.... for some reason it just erks me the wrong way...... It's crazy if you ask me.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TreeStandBowHunter Posted November 24, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread Hey drkillemquick, where you at Hey man, I have to get my shots in now, it's not often that the Bruins win a game these days OH I ALMOST FORGOT.....I WILL BE AT THE BRUINS GAME NEXT THURSDAY AGAINST THE SENS Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread [ QUOTE ] OH I ALMOST FORGOT.....I WILL BE AT THE BRUINS GAME NEXT THURSDAY AGAINST THE SENS [/ QUOTE ] Good they will have a Marine there for back-up... this one should be a sure win.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muff Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread [ QUOTE ] Good deal the Bruins actually beat a good team 5-1.... [/ QUOTE ] easy now.......you just called the leafs a good team. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] Good deal the Bruins actually beat a good team 5-1.... [/ QUOTE ] easy now.......you just called the leafs a good team. [/ QUOTE ] LMAO!! You're right Muff! Couldn't have said it better myself! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
drkillemquick Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread Well the good news is that Boston seems to have their game some what back on track and Raycroft looked pretty good last night. As for the leafs, I hope it was just a poor effort because you guys made us look pretty bad. As for booing Belfour, unfortunately that is par for the course with playing in toronto, and probably why some players stay clear from here. When you win they love ya, when you lose, they want you shipped out of town on the next train. However I hope the boos were more for the team in front of him, because it seemed like a team effort in the loss. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread These 2 teams looked like they had a role reversal last night..... I just hope that the Bruins continue to play like they did against the Leafs last night,, If they do "It's game on boys"..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted November 25, 2005 Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread Okie Dokie,, it's an afternoon matinee... Hope I make it home from work in time to catch this one,, it should be interesting to say the least..... I just hope this is a continuence of the performance they had in Toronto.... Lets get going Bruins we need these conference wins...... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superguide Posted November 25, 2005 Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread Geez boys it was the leafs you beat not like it was a good team from out west lol. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted November 25, 2005 Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread [ QUOTE ] Geez boys it was the leafs you beat not like it was a good team from out west lol. [/ QUOTE ] LOL.. what are we going to do with you.... Right at the moment any team the Bruins play are better...atleast points wise...... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted November 25, 2005 Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread Dang It !! a great game but the Bruins lost yet another one,,, atleast they played hard,, a little sluggish on the PP but other than that a good effort, even tho they lost... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TreeStandBowHunter Posted November 25, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread You thought they played hard Maybe in the 2nd peroid but that's about it. And the whole time you never see Sullivan do anything except stand there with his arms crossed rolling his eyes. He sucks for the team. Him and MOC needs to hit the road IMO. Plus, they need to tell Thorton to start being a "C" and not just a regular hockey player. He is good, no doubt but the last I checked, he is wearing the "C", not anyone else. I am getting sick of this crap man. I am ashamed to say I am a Bruins fan this year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted November 25, 2005 Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread Mike, that was my sad attempt a sarcasim..... ,,, Im trying to stay calm, or as calm can be..... ,,, by the sounds..Im glad Im not near you household at this moment.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TreeStandBowHunter Posted November 25, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread Oh yeah, let's talk about Gill. GET GILL THE HECK OUT OF THERE. Why trade Scatchard? Gill was responsible for about 4 goals tonight....FOR THE FLYERS How about Orr? You better keep him out there so he keeps the good players safe. BUT NO, Sullivan un-dressed him! WHY??? Orr keeps the other teams players honest. It's like Sullivan likes the soft players like healey and a few others Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted November 25, 2005 Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread Are you guys looking forward to the Boston game tomorrow night in Ottawa? My mom and dad will be there, first level box seats, and first row in the box... can't get any better than that! Well if I could go it would be better... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted November 25, 2005 Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread LOL,, I wouldn't taunt Mike too much today Shaun,,, this wasn't a good lose for him... he's at the breaking point.... Im worried he might take over the Bruins team and start beating some sense into someboday..... I hear ya Mike and agree,, Scatchard is a far better play than Gill,,, and I love seeing Orr play man can he hit... OUCH !.... The Bruins need to get over their stand still type of Hockey that's for sure. What happened to the team that skated circles around Toronto ???.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TreeStandBowHunter Posted November 25, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread I'll tell you what happened to them.....but I can't...not in here This crap P's me off man. They have a good team. They have showed it. At least I better see a good fight Thursday there at the Garden. Oh that's right, the coach is a wussy so it probably won't happen Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted November 25, 2005 Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: Official Boston Bruins thread I aint missing that game... I can just see it now... HEAD LINES : A Marine Gunnery Sargent, spectating the Bruins game last night just couldn't take the wussy play that Sullivan has his team playing this year, The Marine just snapped and went through the corner board glass and starting kicking Bruin BUTT all over the ice.... The oppossing team could only watch in amazement as this Marine's speed and strength for his age.. After the mauling the oppossing team head coach tried to sign the Marine to a 5 yr. deal,,, saying gritt like that will win many games for us,, or atleast scare the crap out of them...... So YES I will be intently be watching this game and will be fixed on the glass.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.