superguide
Members-
Posts
2164 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by superguide
-
Re: superguide Boy I wish I could-maybe if I win that 649 tonight or whenever it is lol.
-
Re: AT LAST SOME HOCKEY!!!!!!! Yeah not going to get a flukey winning goal like last time lol. Hey did i tell you i got to touch Lord Stanley last year. Jeff Friesen brought it home.
-
Re: AT LAST SOME HOCKEY!!!!!!! Welll Muggs not gonna happen this year sorry bud lol. Just watched U.S. play the Swiss 8 goals in 7 minutes WHERES THE D!!!! lol.
-
Re: Son\'s First Buck Way to go bud!
-
Just had a good visit with teamrlthunter in chat tonight-it's a small world you find out lol. Nice meeting you Tim.
-
Re: baiting coyotes One way to keep your bait in place is to freeze it in sop they can't drag it off-just soak your deer hide and stuff with a couple pails of water.
-
Re: great christmas! Hey Brett I got a Primos Rabbit Squeeler and the Mini-Mag Howler-do you use them together or just separate. Ty and I set up about 300 yards apart and I squeeled and he howled never got a 'yote but had big fun. I was sittingin under a big spruce with my whire cover on and I had 5or 6 magpies and a couple ravens right above me-the snow they were knocking off was landing on my gun lol. Might have to take out the old 870 and roll some 'pies.
-
Re: Passing up bucks... I passed up probably 15 or so-some were pretty quick decisions while hunting in the bush-I missed one real good deer too unfortunately.
-
So you can get dressed up, but do you dress deer?
superguide replied to billygoat's topic in Women & Hunting
Re: So you can get dressed up, but do you dress deer? DRP I know what the tenderloins are lol and I've gutted a few hundred deer myself-when it's -30 or 40 by the time you gut a deer the normal way the hide is freezing on and makes it a very tough job. Ohhh and by the way did I ever ask for sympathy from you or anybody-just pointing out another way of doing things. -
Re: Monster Earthquake in Indonesia My sister just phoned and my neice was holidaying in the earthqke area-supposedly they were going to be evacuated to anotrher island but the phone call got cut off. Hoping for the best.
-
Re: Our children\'s Classrooms Yes Vermont but where is the choice of the child in any organized religion when you think of it. Isn't it up to the parents to make the choices they feel are best faith wise for their children. Do you think many 7 year olds have chosen on their own to be Protestants,Catholics, Muslims etc. As other parents I think it's up to us to respect that right not belittle or condemn it-I totally agree with Saskman's stance on what he teaches it is not up to him to grind someone elses axe for him.
-
Re: Our children\'s Classrooms I have four schoolage children in the same town that Saskman teaches in and neither creationalism or evolution are being shoved down anybodies throat. Our community is as big a cultural melting pot as anywhere-yet we all seem to get along with each others differing beliefs-like I told my born again gonna save Cory neighbor-what happens between me and god is between me and god not between you,me and god. There are children in our schools that don't celebrate X-Mas-in fact one is in my daughter's class-I explained that is her decision to make-not ours.Our school district here is full of great teachers-doing a great job-I compare the opportunities,experiences and life lessoins my kids are receiving and find them far better than what I was exposed to.
-
Re: Here\'s a project!!! Oneida and the evidance isn't too visible on a bear no wonder they're grouchy lol. The average red squirrel would put one to shame. There's tons of bear den tales up in our neck of the woods.
-
Re: TO out for season I don't watch NFL football much-too many downs lol-but I did watch the Eagles stomp Green Bay (I'm a Favre fan) but why would you keep your number one quarter back in that late in the game when you've got it clearly won. In my opinion their coach isn't all that swift-anybody can win during the season if you have some talent on the bench-I can't tell you who will win the SuperBowl but it's not going to be the Eagles.
-
This is the year-our junior team is winning gold-they looked just awesome in the pretournament games. If I was a North Dakotan I'd be on my way to Grand Forks this Christmas. Sidney Crosby is a great hockey player he reminds me Gretzky not only in talent but in the amount of class the guy has for such a young kid. I can see the present I'm getting on the 25th a Canadian win over Slovakia.
-
Goliath, record setting whitetail buck, dies!!!
superguide replied to LifeNRA's topic in Deer Hunting
Re: Goliath, record setting whitetail buck, dies!!! & is pretty old for a beef cattle bull to last so I could see him passing on at that age-maybe the living was too easy. -
Re: Possible NEW Illinois Typical Record What an awesome deer-nothing but respect for a guy who can hold it together when he's gotta watch a hog like that a bit before he shoots.
-
Re: Why should i move to your State ? Did Saskman mention big whitetails-the best part of Saskatchewan is the north-everybody pictures our province as being flat boring wheatfields but there is a piece that is probably 500 miles by 400 miles that is nothing but lakes,rivers and big game. The best part of-the best place is Meadow Lake lol.
-
Re: So..I gotta ask. I guess it's hard for rancher's to imagine towns people being bothered by weather-unless your a city maintenance worker you can just burrow in and wait it out. There's nothing like a bad blizzard when you've got several hundred animals to get fed every day-it never fails that equipment etc always breaks down in that stuff too-without luck and good neighbors it would be tough. Snow though is a blessing it fills the dugouts with water for next year-waters the stock that are running out but can be a major pain at times. The worst week I can remember here was -50 with -90 windchills for 5 days straight that was almost more fun than I could stand lol.
-
Re: Float Hunt for Bear? Another thing works awesome if spotting and stalking is to call one in. I've called them just by squeeeking a blade of grass-they'll come fast though lol.
-
Re: Here\'s a project!!! I shot a big cinnamon nuisance bear a few years ago-tracked him to his den then shot him from the hip when he came out-now that was fun lol. A bear den looks just like a big hole under a fallen tree or in a brush pile-in winter there'd be frost around it from their breath I'd imagine.
-
Re: Sask get together Maybe Sask and NFLND are kinda the same lol-all I know is 'screech' makes you do funny things. What about 'Oscar' on Corner Gas how many of them do we know.
-
Re: Float Hunt for Bear? I'm pretty sure you have to land and stalk-but that's most fun any ways .
-
Was just thinking wouldn't it be cool to find an active bear den and set a trail cam up at the entrance to catch the sow and cubs when they first come out in the spring. I'm gonna check some old ones out this winter and see if any are getting used again.
-
Re: Float Hunt for Bear? Never done it but it would be awesome-in the spring those bear graze just like cattle-take a good camera-a fishing rod-and prepare for a great time.