HeviShot

Members
  • Posts

    681
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HeviShot

  1. Re: My New Turkey Gun!! I love my NOVA!!!I know every gun is different,but mine like's .675 choke and Rem Hevishot #5and #6 31/2inch.It also likes Win Supeme #5and #6 31/2.Your shoulder won't like them,but turkey heads don't either.I'm 9 for 9.6 with Hevishot and 3 with Win.
  2. Re: 2006 Realtree.com Turkey Quest Sign Up Thread HEVISHOT/easterns/adult
  3. Re: Looking for some help buying arrows Ebay has some great prices on arrows.I got a dozen Eaton Epic 340 with the vane color i wanted and cut to my lenght for 39.95.What a steal!
  4. Re: TURKEY AND TURKEY HUNTING MY wife got it for me for Christmas.See yelp yelp yelp post.
  5. Re: Yelp Yelp Yelp. . . . My wife bought me a years subscription for Christmas! And she used the order form so I can get 2 free Turkey hunting DVD"S.MAN WHAT A WIFE!!!
  6. Re: you guys seein any turkeys yet? I'd move!
  7. I have been playing around with some late season doves.I bought some Rem Shurshot loads and some regular game loads New Years weekend.We shot a few birds and I came home.Well I left the shells in the back of my truck in a 5 gallon bucket.Well it came a flood and I forgot about them.Thursday I decided to go and shoot a few more birds before season went out.I found my shells submerged in water!Ikicked myself about 3 times and rode to the field.I loaded one up and squeezed the trigger BOOM!!Everyone of those shells fired perfect after being under water for 3 day's.GREAT SHELL for doves.
  8. Re: Federal Flitecontrol Turkey Loads I shot some 3 1/2 #5 through my Nova with a H.S strut choke .675.They were not what I chose to shoot.Thet just were'nt consistant.The first shot out of a clean barrel was good then it would get worse.
  9. Re: Yall\'s opinion on the Benelli Nova 12 gauge... This a awsome shotgun.I use my for everything.Yes it kicks with 3 1/2 shell's,It's not like your going to take them to a dove field.They offer a recoil reducer that you can install in minutes.I started to get the camo but I got a all black one.I have had turkey's with in a few feet and it did not bother them.Very Very good gun.
  10. Re: How did your archery season go? I was able to take my very first deer.It was a big mature doe.I past the rest for a buck.Never did happen.Now I'm preparing for a turkey.I was able to stalk the doe that I took which is a lttle more difficult.I made a 25-30 yard shot.Clean pass through.She ran about 40 yards and rolled over.
  11. Re: GETTING PUMPED UP! They are cutting timber up the road from the land that I hunt.Guess where all the turkey's came to.I can't wait!
  12. Re: Broadheads for turkeys I am going to use the same thing that I used for deer.NAP Shockwaves 100 grain.If they perform on turkey's like they do deer,the bird does'nt have a chance.
  13. Re: What kind of weight are you guys pulling? 70 or so.I turned it up all the way and back it up 1 round.
  14. Re: Turkey hunting I am going to give a try.I don't know if I will be able to draw my bow back.A big ole Tom really get's me shook up.
  15. Has anyone had there hand's on one of these call's?They are made by Quaker Boy.If they sound as good as they look,the birds will come runnin!
  16. Re: Opinions Anyone I use those very same item's.The owl hooter does not really sound like a owl to me 'but it will make a turkey gobble!
  17. Re: spring turkey I am going to try it.I just don't know if I will be able to draw back my bow.A big ole Tom just shakes me up.That is why I love turkey hunting.
  18. Re: SLATE CALLS That ol yeller one not bad either.
  19. Re: SWEET DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!! When that ol Tom comes running in on your set up,you'll forget all about the price.
  20. HeviShot

    check it out!

    Re: check it out! Very nice,great talent.
  21. Re: Need some DOG advice What about the very non aggresive behavior?
  22. About 2 months ago a stray choc lab/pointer dog showed up at my house.He is gorgeous dark choc with a small white star on his chest.He has been fixed and he looked like he was just out of the vet office when I found him.Well to make a long story short.He will retrieve all day long in the back yard,but when you take him to the field he wants no part of it.I shot a ringneck dove down in front of his nose and he went and got under my truck.He lacks the fire that you see in most dogs like this.I would guess he is about 6 to 8 months old.Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.
  23. Re: My Newly Fletched Arrows So when is my dozen coming?
  24. What vane color should I use turkey hunting?Does it matter?You have to move to draw so there going to see it anyway unless there vision is blocked.Right now I have 1 Flo orange and 2 flo yellow.
  25. Re: Woooooo! Hoooooooo!!! This is easy!!! I will be amazed if ya wrap a dozen and send to me!