Nut

Administrators
  • Posts

    3885
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nut

  1. Re: Ohio/PA Rodeo Chris, you are right about the name of the park. We can make the dates either of the first 2 weekends of April and should do fine. You could come early on a weekday and avoid the crowds during the day and do well. I also think the thread should be changed to include Michigan and Indiana as the Maumee is located a couple hours drive at most for them also.
  2. Re: WAL-MART!!! NOW!!! Life I picked up mine for $15 a piece and got em in Large. LOL
  3. Re: Best/Worst names a man can be called! Look at my signature and you know my answer to one of em. I have been called so many bad names that nothing ever bothers me anymore.
  4. Re: U.S hunting ban A landowner has the right to allow or deny access for hunting for any reason he wants to anybody he wants. nuff said in my book.
  5. Re: Gator\'s & dogdoc\'s hog hunt..... WTG guys. Congrats.
  6. Re: Whats a good 1st slate call to buy? Once you find the seet spot on a slate you there are many good calls. I actually take along at least 3 slate calls along with other types of calls because you never know what the toms will want to answer. I have a couple of Freak slates that I have not yet opened yet but I think they will do the job.
  7. Nut

    Blizzard Coming...

    Re: Blizzard Coming... Not really too bad here. Only got about 7-8 inches and roads were a bit slippery. But this is NW Ohio and no problem for real men.
  8. Re: What camo pattern do you wear? I use a mixture of Realtree patterns.
  9. Re: Roll-out time for turkeys [ QUOTE ] 10 A.M. [/ QUOTE ] I want to hunt with you Bruce. But while in camp I get up bout 4 to 4:30 .
  10. Re: hunt/fish?? carbonhunter, you really are not that far from some good turkey areas. A couple hours drive at most. If it wasnt for being there for my kids I would be glad to help ya out some. Maybe we could still try to hook up anyways and see what happens either this spring or next year according to our availability. We can talk about it at the Maumee River
  11. Re: Ohio/PA Rodeo Here are a couple pics of the run and what it looks like at certain areas
  12. Nut

    can it get worse??

    Re: can it get worse?? Prayers for you and your family pal.
  13. Nut

    UH-OH......

    Re: UH-OH...... Welcome to the club.
  14. Nut

    $20 Tag???

    Re: $20 Tag??? [ QUOTE ] I will pay $24.00 for my Ohio turkey tag this spring. If I am fortunate enough to take a turkey, then I will buy another $24.00 tag and try some more. [/ QUOTE ] Ditto
  15. Re: Walmart Muzzy and Thunderheads I nailed 6 packs of em already here.
  16. Re: Ohio/PA Rodeo As for a date for me it would have to be before the Spring Turkey season starts.
  17. Nut

    In memoriam

    In my travels to SE Ohio for hunting adventures we have met some great people. Many of them became my friend. One of them became special to my family and I. He lived right in the middle of where we love to camp and hunt. So everytime we was there we was either at his house or he was at our camp. He kept a eye out on our oldest when he stayed there for 2 weeks camping and he also took the other sons many places. He taught us a few tricks and told us many jokes. Funniest moment for me was the time he was on his tractor pulling my vehicle and camper up a gravel country road(where he lived) and the tractor popped up and was doing a wheelie. All he did was yell "Giddy up" Thanks for reading this and allowing me to pay a bot of tribute to my friend Ron who passed away this morning from cancer. Say a prayer for his children and his niece Rena(who took care of him).
  18. Re: Ohio/PA Rodeo Cabela's would not be a bad little drive from Maumee. It is off exit 17 on Highway 23 which makes it about a 20 minute drive (with lights) for me. There is a place right on the river that allows for campers.(Buttonwood access) I do have a pop up which I could put there for use. It could sleep 4 people or more (Tominator and ohiobucks could be bunk buddies )
  19. Re: Ohio/PA Rodeo People start hitting the river almost at the beginning of March. The run gets good once the water temperature gets to what the walleys need. Usually(I think) the run gets going late March and early April. If this is what y'all would want to do I will check on what kind of accomadations are needed.
  20. Nut

    Who is cheap?

    Re: Who is cheap? I am a cheapskate and proud of it. Sales and Clearance signs always gets my attention. I also am one to change my mind about something and put it back.( I always take it back to where I got it also) . I believe that being frugal with your money is a good attribute.
  21. Re: Walmart again.....!! I cleaned up on the Muzzy broadheads last night there.
  22. Nut

    Good night for Dad

    Re: Good night for Dad Well here are the weekend results. LittleNut placed third at his tournement FRiday night. TE lost the championship at his on points yesterday. So we now have our first wrestling trophies in the house. Not a bad weekend.
  23. Re: Whos kids like to hunt? I have 3 sons who love to hunt and fish. I also love to hunt with them so much that if it ends up they are not able to go that I also wont LOL
  24. Re: deffinately different! I know a couple of guys who have a turkey tag in their pocket while bowhunting deer. One got a turkey while doing this. I believe you could pattern turkeys for the fall and set up on travel patterns. LOL I try this on the ground and they always go the other way. I would not do it in the spring since it is so much fun calling them in when they are hot. However I do not think I would do it in the spring
  25. Re: What age did you start hunting? I started at 9 years old